http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...e-ufc-champion

"Yes absolutely (this is a fresh start)," Overeem told Bleacher Report. "I believe that both Browne and myself are top ranked fighters and the winner of this fight will be one step closer in getting a title shot, so in that sense I know this fight can put me right on track as I still have one goal in life and that's becoming the UFC heavyweight champion.

"I know there are more fighters going after that number one spot but with the nature of the sport anything can happen. So my main focus is my next fight and afterwards we will see who or when I will be fighting next."

The scrutiny surrounding Overeem since coming to the UFC has multiplied exponentially from his days fighting in Japan. He didn't make it easy on himself with the positive drug test in 2012, but after his last fight, more personal information about Overeem was released as part of the commission's testing process.

It was revealed after the fight with Silva that Overeem had dangerously low levels of testosterone in his body for the bout. Overeem was tested consistently by the Nevada Commission after his original test produced high results in 2012, and in the subsequent tests he came back with extremely low levels of testosterone, which can cause a myriad of health problems—many related to MMA.

As these issues hit the headlines, Overeem's athletic career intersected with his personal life. Overeem took it all in stride, however, saying that he signed up for this by deciding to become a professional fighter and that once that line is crossed, privacy is a thing of the past.

"I don't pay real attention to it all and it comes with the job anyway, being in the spotlight and fighting for so many fans over the world you become subject for personal things," Overeem said. "It's not always nice but at the end it's something you signed for when you wanted to be a professional fighter so it comes with the territory."

While Overeem's name in the headlines over the last couple of years has been as much about his out-of-competition life as what he's done in the cage, he's happy to turn the focus back on fighting.

Facing a very tough heavyweight in Travis Browne, Overeem knew this was a good way to get back into the title picture and erase the harsh memories of his last trip to the Octagon.

"Travis is a good fighter who has a pretty all-round game so he will be dangerous, I'm not going to underestimate him," Overeem said. "I just wanted to fight as quick as possible and Travis made the most sense to put together. A lot of other ranked fighters had their fight or got a fight scheduled so it was the most logical choice for the UFC to make as I told them that I didn't want to wait for a certain opponent."