+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jones won't allow 'cool kid' Alexander Gustafsson to 'crush' his family's future

Default Jones won't allow 'cool kid' Alexander Gustafsson to 'crush' his family's future

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/6/459...re-toronto-mma

Jones now fears having an opponent possibly take everything he has worked so hard to secure -- inside and outside the Octagon -- for his family's.

He explains to Rick J. Lee:

"Me and Alexander have no problem with each other to be honest with you. There's intensity between me and him that I love; it's nice, it's refreshing to have, it's a motivational field for us. But, no real problem with him, I actually respect him, he's a cool kid. I've had beef with a lot of different opponents, but, the way I find my motivation with fighting a guy like Gus is, he wants what I have. I can't allow that to happen. The sponsors that I've got aligned with myself, just the life that I'm trying to build for my family's future; I can't allow someone to crush that, so, I need to stay on the prowl."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

wow that might be the least douchiest thing he's ever said without a publicist.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 08-07-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    wiw that might be the least douchiest thing he's ever said without a publicist.
    Yeah but I find funny how he says "We have intensity, but we do not have real problems with each other"....I mean you see in the videos how they are smiling, they talk to each other in a very cool way and he still says that "There is no REAL problem"??
    There is no problem at all!!!

I would prefer that fighters stop to act as if they have feuds. Because it is ridiculous how they talk smack before a fight and promise to kill eachother, then they give a lackluster performance, and at the end they hug and they say how much they love and respect eachother.
    Makes no sense at all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

i think it's cool that there is no manufactured hype really behind this fight. neither jones or gus really got drawn into that.

i really think gus can take this. dude looks so focused.
    lemme touch your feet

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information