Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvin Guillard vs Ross Pearson co-main event set for UFC Fight Night in Manchester

Default Melvin Guillard vs Ross Pearson co-main event set for UFC Fight Night in Manchester

Melvin Guillard vs Ross Pearson co-main event set for UFC Fight Night in Manchester
    By Thomas Myers  @TommyMyers on Aug 6 2013, 11:00p

Resurgent Lightweight mixed martial arts (MMA) veterans Melvin Guillard and Ross Pearson will collide in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night: "Bisping vs. Munoz," which takes place at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England, on Oct. 26, 2013.

That's according to a report from tonight's (Aug. 6, 2013) of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV.

Guillard is fresh off a savage second round stoppage of Mac Danzig at UFC on Fox 8 last month (July 27, 2013), avoiding the dreaded three-fight losing skid that often claims most struggling Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) combatants. It was an emotional victory for "Young Assassin," who head to endure family tragedies, legal issues and training camp rejections.

With the critical victory, as well as an extra $50,000 in bonus money for scoring "Knockout of the Night," Guillard will look to keep the momentum rolling against the streaking The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 9 winner.

Pearson has won back-to-back fights in impressive fashion, stopping Ryan Couture at UFC on Fuel TV 9 in April 2013 and getting the best of his "Smashes" coaching counterpart, George Sotiropoulos, at UFC on FX via technical knockout in round three back in Dec. 2012.

"Real Deal" is a native of Sunderland, England, which makes him the hometown favorite heading into what would appear to be an exciting 155-pound clash.

UFC Fight Night: "Bisping vs. Munoz" will feature a Middleweight main event between top division contenders Michael Bisping and Mark Munoz, airing live on UFC on FOX Sports 2 network on fight night. The winner will more than likely find himself in the proverbial 185-pound contender "mix" with a decisive and impressive performance.

No other bouts for the United Kingdom-based event, the first for the promotion in Manchester since UFC 105: "Couture vs. Vera" in Nov. 2009, are known at this time.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/6/459...manchester-mma
    Now this should be one helluva fight.

FIREmuthafuckinWORKS!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

This is going to be a big test for Guillard. If he can stay patient like he did in the Herman fight he could very well pick up the win. I'm liking his jab and counter striking.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Good fight.

Can anyone tell me if I get Fox sports on direct tv for no additional cost? I keep forgetting to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Good fight.

Can anyone tell me if I get Fox sports on direct tv for no additional cost? I keep forgetting to check this out.
    You should, yes. Unless DirecTv has some sort of Ginger Fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I think Guillard gives Pearson a sound drumming... I doubt this one makes it out of the first round.

agree with leucoe above.

i think this will turn into a who punches harder contest and pearson will lose.
    lemme touch your feet

Melvin looked a little off in the Danzig fight, at least the first round and if he comes in looking somewhat flatfooted and looking to land power(which could be attributed to his move to Grudge and a simple adjustment period), I could see Pearson turning this into a kickboxing match and having some good results.

I think Melvin should take this, especially if he can get Pearson to abandon periphery footwork and trade with him. 65/35 Melvin.

I like Ross and I think this is a tough fight for both guys: good footwork, angles, and cardio against a fast, heavy hitter who's decent with counter striking.

Overall, Melvin tends to perform well against strikers outside of the top 10 so I see him taking this. I'm rooting for Ross though!

Pulling for Pearson. He's a respectful fellow and I love the underdog.

Thread Information