Thread: Vinny M: I'll retire if cut by the UFC

Default Vinny M: I'll retire if cut by the UFC

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ut-by-the-UFC/

When UG favorite Vinny Magalhaes left his gloves in the Octagon following a 14-knockout loss to 40-year-old Australian Anthony Perosh, many wondered if he was retiring.

Now, in an interview with MSN Brazil, Magalhaes says if the UFCs releases him from his contract, he will likely retire.

"I have one more fight left in my contract, but we all know that it doesnít mean much and thereís a chance that I get cut," said Magalhaes. "Before this fight I said I deserved to get cut if I didnít win. Iím waiting for UFCís decision, anything can happen, but I really donít care, man."

"People say that the UFC doesnít pay much to their fighters, but if you look to the other events itís even worse. So if they cut me, I donít see why I should keep fighting in other event. I'd rather open my own gym than fight for little money. I stopped fighting in Jiu-Jitsu because of the financial part, so it would make no sense for me to return now. If the UFC doesnít renew my contract, Iíll stop."

I am no fan of Vinny by any means but I do appreciate and respect his mastery of BJJ.

IMHO I believe he is troubled in the same way someone like a Guillard/War Machine/ I dunno who im looking for here but I think he's still young has loads and loads of potenial and a massive upside but his head/mindstate/arrogance is what troubles him as a fighter.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

^ Totally agreed. Seems like he can't focus in training enough to get his technique or cardio up and can't keep from making bad mistakes in the cage.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Bye.

Stick to training more talented fighters. Your ego has absolutely turned me away from any good characteristics you may have had.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Anthony Perosh.

14 seconds.

Thread Information