Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barao: Cruz plans to fight in Feb of 2014

Default Barao: Cruz plans to fight in Feb of 2014

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...n-Feb-of-2014/

Cruz flew to Brazil to attend UFC 163 last Saturday, and met with Barao. According to Barao, Cruz will be fighting in Feb of 2014.

"We only exchanged a few words because my English isnít that good," Renan told MMAFighting.coml. "He told me heís returning on February. I was really happy to hear that. I hope he can return so we can finally fight."

However, Cruz's head coach said 'The Dominator' not pushing things beyond his doctor's orders.

"It's a guess," Del Fierro told Damon Martin via text message. "There is no date set, hopefully sooner rather than later. Just progressing as doctor allows."

In any case, Barao has something more immediate than Cruz to think about.

"My focus now is on Wineland. Heís a tough dude, has been doing great fights. Iím well-trained and I will set a good strategy to do my best on Sept. 21."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Glover/Jones LHW title
    Cruz/Barao BW title

Sounds like a good Super Bowl card to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

i agree... no way they can have this fight as a headliner due to the injuries they have had in the past few years...

I wonder how Cruz' leg atrophy has improved as of late.

5. Default

Barao smashes Cruz.

Cruz has been out of the game too long. I met Cruz on the base I on a few weeks ago, IS his big. he will need to loose about 25-35 pounds before his cut. he looks about 170 to me.

I guess we see
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Barao smashes Cruz.

Cruz has been out of the game too long. I met Cruz on the base I on a few weeks ago, IS his big. he will need to loose about 25-35 pounds before his cut. he looks about 170 to me.

I guess we see
    Barao might win but he won't smash Cruz. Barao is just not a guy that goes out there and smashes people.

If Cruz is 100% (unlikely) he beats Barao 10 out of 10 times. His style is just horrible for Barao. Barao has good striking but he kind of depends on the guy staying in his range and doesn't hunt people down. Cruz will never be in range longer then a few moments if he is healthy. In order to beat Cruz you have to hunt him down, take out his legs and put him up against the cage. Barao does not do any of those things. But I think his leg will be a huge issue which will mean his style may be affected and Barao may pick up the find via decision.

Hopefully he comes back 100% because then we can start the talks of Cruz v. Aldo again.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

In this day and age, no reason Cruz doesnt get the best people to rehab him to 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I cannot beleive he was able to keep the title this long without defending it. I agree that he should but I'm surprised the UFC allowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I cannot beleive he was able to keep the title this long without defending it. I agree that he should but I'm surprised the UFC allowed it.
    A sentiment I also share. I guess he is special like that.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

This is the first and only time I'll say this in regards to an interm title or champ..

But I think as of now Barao should be undisputed champ not interm and Cruz should get a tune up fight before facing such a dominant fighter after the years of leg issues.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information