Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With contract nearly complete, Rich Franklin has one, maybe two, UFC fights left

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    And mine was that he is bound to regional promotions.
    Oh I thought you were pointing out his losing record of late....

I quite honestly forgot he was still fighting. Ace was and is a great ambassador for the sport. IMHO Rich played a crucial role in the growth of the UFC and MMA in general by becoming champion during a time of immense growth. Respectful, intelligent, college graduate, school teacher and many more admirable qualities. He was the guy casual fans could relate too and get behind, and more importantly he was proving the fighters weren't mindless, roided up, drunk bar fighters.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Rich has always been a favorite of mine. Sad to see him go, but he has given a lot to the sport. I'm happy to see he has goals beyond his fighting career too.

4. Default

ACE is the man

ACE IN THE HALL OF FAME NOW DANA
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

I remember watching him beat shamrock and thinking, who the hell is this jim carrey lookalike? i've been a fan of him since than. I remember silva destroying him and I couldn't help thinking about the outcome for days. seeing my hero getting destroyed like that was just heart breaking. hope he goes out on a high note. ace is definitely a HOFer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Franklin vs Bisbing still needs to happen before ace retires.
    I think that would be a good fight to watch. If it were finished it wouldn't be until the 3rd most likely so we could have a good back and forth fight. Both guys are good strikers and capable on the ground.

Thread Information