Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Howard says Uriah Hall is ‘overrated,’ TUF contestants are 'not legit UFC fighte

Default John Howard says Uriah Hall is ‘overrated,’ TUF contestants are 'not legit UFC fighte

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/7/459...-overrated-mma

Quite frankly, Hall is simply "overrated," as "Doomsday" recently expressed to WAAF 97.7/107.3 FM Boston's Rock Station:

"Fighting Uriah Hall, I think he's good. A little overrated. He knocked out some guys with some flashy stuff. That's good, it's impressive, but my thing is who did he fight? He fought Ultimate Fighter fighters. What people have to understand is these guys are not legit UFC fighters, they're guys who are trying to be a UFC fighter. Lets switch sides, let me be Uriah Hall, put me in the house. What do you think would happen? Not only do I have knockouts in the UFC I have knockouts throughout my career. I have more knockouts than him. And the people I knocked out were more creditable."

If he is a fighter and has a contract with the UFC then Hall is a UFC fighter.

Although, it is evident that Hall is overrated at present.

I don't think Howard has actually fought anyone as good as Hall at MW. Definitely at WW but he's a small MW.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

4. Default

He fought Ultimate Fighter fighters. What people have to understand is these guys are not legit UFC fighters
    wait TUF dudes are not fighters?

I bet if we ask Roy, Rashad, Forrest, Kos, Leben, Sanchez, J lau, Serra and Lytle they would disagree with Howard
    Last edited by TBEAR; 08-08-2013 at 05:26 AM.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

I used to feel the same way.

Forrest beating Shogun and then Rashad's success changed my mind completely.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Some of them are legit UFC caliber fighters, but for every season you see a smaller percentage stick around and a larger percentage not cut it, so in that aspect I see what he is saying.

Blehhh... John who???
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by bingo View Post
    Blehhh... John who???
    Ha ha ha ha ha...

There are a a few fighters who end up sticking around a little while from each season, but for the most part I agree, a lot of tuf contestants aren't comparable to ufc talent. I put hall in the stick around category, but it has yet to be seen how much of an impact he can have in the mw division.

Rashad and Bisping are 2 reasons to disagree. Actually, most of the guys from the first few TUF seasons. Sanchez, Koz, etc.

Dodson also.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information