Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conor McGregor on Aug. 17 fight: 'The opponent does not enter the equation'

Anyone can explain me why there is so much hype around this guy??

Many people see him as the next big thing and I would like to know why.

I know that he has many KO/TKO wins, but all his wins are against unknown people. And by the way he has been submitted 2 times, and both times in 30 seconds. And his last defeat was less than 3 years ago, I do not think that in 3 years he has improved his gorund game that much, so it seems that someone with a good BJJ can stop him without too much trouble.

Why many people see him as the next big thing is something I can not understand.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Because we're all Irish.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Conor is good, but he's not even the best featherweight in the UK. His wrestling isn't great nor is his bottom game Joseph Duffy finished him with ease. Imagine what Hioki, Mendes, Aldo, KZ , Lamas or even Guida would do to him?
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/10/46...-163-fight-mma
    Conor McGregor unimpressed with 'basic' Jose Aldo vs Korean Zombie fight, would give them both trouble
    "I watched the Aldo vs. the Korean Zombie fight, and I think you could put me in there tomorrow with either of them. If you think I wouldn't trouble either of them, then you're highly mistaken. Look, put me in there next time. I'll bring a whole nation of people behind me. I'll sell. I know I've only had one fight in there, but guess what? I'm bringing more hype than everyone else combined. I feel confident; I don't fear either of those guys. I wasn't impressed. It was basic. It wasn't spontaneous, it wasn't creative, it was one shot, one shot. It was something I looked at and I didn't think, ‘these guys are ahead of me', you know? I'm confident. I'm confident that my time is here. My time is now."

Just sayin', don't sleep on Max Holloway, kid has lots of talent and heart.

Holloway does indeed have the heart advantage but McGregor has the advantage in every other aspect.

Thread Information