Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mousasi: IF Vitor does his job, I will gladly face him at 185, 195 or 205

Default Mousasi: IF Vitor does his job, I will gladly face him at 185, 195 or 205

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...85-195-or-205/

Former Strikeforce and DREAM champion Gegard Mousasi was recently interviewed by MMAJunkie's John Morgan, and discussed his desire to fight Vitor Belfort, at middleweight, light heavyweight, or a catchweight of 195.

"I will make this easy on Vitor," Mousasi told MMAjunkie.com. "If he is going to continue to make conditions on who he will fight, I will face Vitor at a catchweight or at light heavyweight.

"Vitor is a fighter, and he is not getting any younger. He gets paid to fight. He should get in there and do his job with or without the belt. That is his job, and he should not be making such conditions because he is only losing time and opportunity.

"If Vitor will do his job, then I will gladly face him at 185 pounds, 195 pounds or 205 pounds. I know both the fans and the UFC want this fight badly. If Vitor does not want to fight, then give me any No. 1 contender in the middleweight division."

"I want to have a title shot, and whoever is in front of the line is the person I expect to challenge. I have been fighting for a very long time, and my professional record speaks for itself. I believe I deserve a title shot based on what I have accomplished. I have seen fighters that have done less and have received a title shot. So I feel that I am in the mix."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Mousasi does not deserve Vitor.

Mousasi would be a huge challenge for Vitor. This fight would be really awesome.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Mousasi does not deserve Vitor.
    He doesn't. But I love the fight, and if Vitor is gonna fuck around like this than I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

"Give me any number 1 contender in the middleweight division"

At least he understands anybody is a number 1 contender. Everyone but Vitor obviously

Mousasi is a helluva striker and a damn fine all around MMA fighter. IMO, his standup is too clean, patient and articulate to give Vitor open looks and would have great success working Vitor's periphery.

I think a healthy Mousasi takes this fight at any weight, probably gets a stoppage within the first two. Too bad I don't think Vitor wants to risk his winning streak against anybody at this point unless it's a near sure thing. Would've loved to see him give Consta a shot.

But will Mousasi take the fight in Brazil to allow for Vitor's TRT?

Wow. Can't understand why so many people think Mousasi is that good. I used to be one of them until he and I started to share the same expression during his fights.
    I call it the 'bored as shit' look.

How many boring fights do you think he's had????

2? Maybe 3?

I guess you could say the King Mo, OVP, and Latifi fights but it's clear none of that was Mousasi's doing.

Unfortunately for Mousasi, they'll probably give him a HORRIBLE fight that's either boring or his to lose- like Tim Kennedy or Okami.
    Last edited by SimpleJack; 08-09-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Yes but those were his last 2-3 fights.

This means he hasnt been entertaining to watch since like 2010.

Thread Information