Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belfort: TRT makes it a fair match for me

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Even though theres multiple doctors and scientists that will tell you the end result is the exact same as steroids.. Good thing Steroid and TRT expert sniggles is here to set them all straight! Hell yeah!
    That is only if you are overdosing. The idea behind TRT is to bump a 100-200 ng/ml patient to normal territory (500-600).

If the patient is dosed up to 1000+ that is where your idea of TRT being like steroids is. In that case, it is testosterone abuse not TRT.

You seem to think Test Abuse is the same as TRT, which it is not.

The fighters that are getting popped for elevated T levels are either abusing masked designer steroids or testosterone.

Men that are 35+ being treated for low T are not given the obscene amounts that you consider to be the same as steroids.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 08-09-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    And just as many doctors and experts who will tell you that TRT is a very valid and sometimes essential treatment. Maybe you should try reading more then just the studies and reports that agree with your personal view point.
    I havent seen any but thats alright ill really make it simple for you... Steroids elecate testosterone levels, TRT elevates testosterone levels. But yeah you're right, they are completely different. Its funny how trt is only allowed in boxing and mma too. You're argument is flawless bud.

The argument that there is a difference between TRT and Test Abuse uses something called science. I doubt you've heard of that.

The point being that TRT is includes the word "therapy" suggesting that it will be regulated and monitored by a medical professional. Steroids are an illegal drug and the assumption is that they will be used different.

So, yes, TRT and steroids both impact testosterone levels. However, the practical utilization of the two are reasonably assumed to be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

We all know that Prop Test is used by bodybuilders in concert with other agents and can be a performance-enhancer. It can also be used on smaller levels to negate all of the side effects of low T, which are numerous. TRT is not some magical treatment that instantly garners you the body you want. Obviously, these fighters put in the amount of work that every fighter at that level must. What changes is alleviation of depression, lack of motivation and the dozens of other side effects of low T.

Where a ton of the confusion lies within the "Fighters on TRT" issue, is that people think that having a 14:1 T/E ratio means you have 14 times normal levels of T. I could explain to you how fractions work, much to no avail. 14:1 could mean really high T, but it could also mean really low E. If you are hypogonadal you will have really low E. When Chael Sonnen tested at 16.9:1 everyone shouted, "OMG LOOK HOW MUCH HE JUICES". One could and should say, "I don't know Sonnen's medical history, but if he really has hypo then 16.9:1 could mean he has normal T and low E, like 800ng of T and 50ng of E".

I keep telling people that T/E is only good for one thing: Identifying someone who is using supplemental T. It doesn't tell how high his T is, or how low his E is, only that said person is using synthetic testosterone. It's a fucking worthless test. If you're a freak born with a 10:1 (which has been documented) then good luck being a pro athlete.

Fighters could give a teaspoon of blood after a fight to check actual T levels. Also with blood tests you can see a lot more than what you can see in piss, and it's virtually impossible to fake a blood test (unlike urine where you can have someone else's urine in a bag, or use masking agents).

If fighters are going to be allowed a TRT exemption, they should not simply have a T/E test but also a T level test a week before and right after an event. Who pays for it? The fighter should.

Either the fighters get tested to the full extent they can be or they don't get tested at all. The weak testing they do now only sets a benchmark that is easy to fool. Is it by design? Probably.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 08-09-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    I havent seen any but thats alright ill really make it simple for you... Steroids elecate testosterone levels, TRT elevates testosterone levels. But yeah you're right, they are completely different. Its funny how trt is only allowed in boxing and mma too. You're argument is flawless bud.
    Its different because Roids give you MORE testosterone than a Normal person... TRT gives you the same levels of testosterone as a regular person. As long as they frequently check athletes that use TRT to make sure they are not abusing the system i see no problem with it

So in other words you guys are agreeing with me that they do the same thing wich is what my initial argument was... Thanx for clearing that up guys

When used properly, water keeps you alive. When used improperly, water can drown/kill you.

Shooting yourself in the chest with a shotgun can kill you.

A glass of water and a shotgun shell to the heart are the same thing.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Tylenol is the same as morphine.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Logic is hard.

Thread Information