Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC champ Ronda Rousey says fighting career could be over in two years

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I thought Haywire was pretty good, all things considered. It's an action movie. She's as good an actor than Stallone, Chuck Norris or Arnold, but that's setting the bar low. I thought it blew away anything that any other MMA fighter has done, including the A Team.

rh
    That's why she needed a voiceover even though she speaks English?

The voiceover KILLED me.

Couldn't watch it on Netflix.

I've never found rousey even remotely hot.
    Agreed but she somehow gives some of these dudes the squirts lol.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I don't know that it was Gina's voice specifically, I thought the director had a specific voice in mind for the character going into it.

I could be wrong, I didn't pay that close of attention.

rh

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Both will have something in common.... shitty acting skills.
    That's why she needed a voiceover even though she speaks English?

All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't know that it was Gina's voice specifically, I thought the director had a specific voice in mind for the character going into it.

I could be wrong, I didn't pay that close of attention.

rh
    Soderbergh decided on the voiceover afterwards. Her performance was too Gina Carano. I'd liken it to Rampage's A-Team performance.

Yeha, I know I am sounding cynical. The movie was entertaining, but that doesn't mean that I think Rousey will be able to do a better job. Especially considering Rousey doesn't have the kickboxing skill/repetoire as Carano.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 08-10-2013 at 01:46 AM.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/15...s-in-two-years
    Dana White: 'There's no way in hell' Ronda Rousey retires in two years
    "I don't care what Hollywood offers, they're ain't paying what we're paying," White said. "These guys, when they go out and make a movie, they're not paying what we are."

As for Rousey's Twitter rant, White, who has been known to engage in a Twitter kerfluffle or two of his own, had a bit of advice: Stay offline if you're having a bad day.

"If you want to be on Twitter, get ready," White said. "Put your big-girl boots on. Get ready, because s--- coming at you. Any time you're in the public, with social media, and the internet or anywhere else, people are going to say stupid shit to you. No matter what, it's going to happen. You can't snap and flip out on everybody any time they do. She'll learn that, she's still young."

"What Ronda Rousey has accomplished with the Olympics and mixed martial arts, she's a workhorse," White continued. "Just the load that we put on her, she kicks ass. She handles a lot of stuff. Everyone is going to have their moments where they snap and say hey, f--- you world, leave me alone today. But those are the days you don't pick up Twitter and hit the button and you don't get on the internet."

White laughed when a reporter suggested Rousey's outburst would damage her brand.

"Does she have the perfect image? She doesn't," White said. "She says ‘f---' more than I do. She is who she is and I think people like her for her fighting style and the like who she is."

UFC fans will be sick of hearing her talk in 2 years. I know I get sick of hearing most women talk after 5 minutes.

I think there certainly is enough talent out there to fill the division within the coming year. And the upcoming season of TUF should also help in that regard. Especially if it were to somehow yield somewhat similar results as the first season. Unfortunately I can also see it turning into a worst-case scenario where it all blows up and turns to shit. I hope that doesn't happen though.

UFC fans will be sick of hearing her talk in 2 years. I know I get sick of hearing most women talk after 5 minutes.
    Screw 2 years, wait until the new TUF season premieres. I'm guessing people will be sick of her talking, well before the season ends.

I'm already sick of her voice.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

10. Default

UFC may pay more than than Hollywood until/if ever you prove to be a good actor and a draw, but ya can act for years with less damage, traing, and everybody training hard to beat your ass.

Thread Information