+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swanson: I want Aldo, Lamas, Edgar

Hybrid View

Default Swanson: I want Aldo, Lamas, Edgar

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...do-lamas-edgar

“The names that are coming at me right now are Aldo, Lamas and Frankie Edgar. I want all those guys. They will come. I want all the biggest fights,” he says.

“Aldo is the one I want first and if I can’t have that one I want the Lamsas fight and if I can’t have that one then I will settle for Frankie Edgar. Just because he’s running his mouth.

“I take that both ways - its an honor to have somebody with a name like that want to fight you and on the other hand he is trying to use me to boost his career. So I take it both ways.

“It is a fight that excites me and I don’t have to fight him right now. Whether it happens now or later, it will happen at some point. All those fights are going to happen I just want the biggest one first.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

edgar vs cub makes most sense right now

Personally, I'd rather see Aldo move up to LW and take a fight before challenging Pettis/Bendo for the belt. Then give me Frankie/Lamas for the FW title. Swanson can get next crack, along with the Guida/Mendes winner and a returning KZ. You're welcome Joe Silva.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see Aldo move up to LW and take a fight before challenging Pettis/Bendo for the belt. Then give me Frankie/Lamas for the FW title. Swanson can get next crack, along with the Guida/Mendes winner and a returning KZ. You're welcome Joe Silva.
    Not gonna happen. Zuffa makes more money with a champ vs. champ show down.

I know he has been on this run but the list of guys he has beaten doesn't really impress me. As far as contenders go I have it Lamas, Edgar, Mendes/Guida winner, Swanson. Dude still needs another 1 or 2 wins before he gets a crack at Aldo. So have him fight Edgar and winner of that fight fights the Mendes/guida winner for the number 1 contender.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

The only fight Lamas should be taking, if Aldo's out for any extended period of time, would be one against Mendes and that would be a clearcut #1 contender bout, which would guarantee Mendes a rematch if he won, because I think he dusts everybody else in the division.

Cub already has losses to Aldo, Mendes and Lamas, which all look really poorly in his current bid. A win over Frankie, coupled with his exciting fighting style however, SHOULD get him in the conversation, but I don't think he wins a Frankie fight.

I really think Nik Lentz is the FW to avoid like the plague for these contenders, since he can really play spoiler to alot of these bouts. PLUS, I'm hoping like hell that Guida doesn't con another decision out of the judges against Mendes, because he's brutal to watch.

Lamas should have taken any fight 4-5 months ago.

I don't feel bad for a contender that sits around on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Lamas should have taken any fight 4-5 months ago.

I don't feel bad for a contender that sits around on his hands.
    Durp, he was supposed to fight Zombie on this past Saturday's card and got pulled when Pettis got hurt and they pulled KZ from their matchup. By then, everybody of relevance was already booked.
    Last edited by Fedorlei Gomipierre; 08-09-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Durp, he was supposed to fight Zombie on this past Saturday's card and got pulled when Pettis got hurt and they pulled KZ from their matchup. By then, everybody of relevance was already booked.
    Oh yeah...

Regardless, he is considering sitting around. Haha!

Swanson vs Edgar and Lamas vs Aldo makes sense at this point

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information