Thread: Shogun Rua not a fan of Chael Sonnen's treatment of fellow Brazilian fighters

Default Shogun Rua not a fan of Chael Sonnen's treatment of fellow Brazilian fighters

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/9/460...-chael-sonnens

"I never really appreciated the way Chael treats people in Brazil, and the way he treated Anderson and Wanderlei. Sonnen can say good things about me, but that's not going to be the thing that makes me change my mind about him. Chael is a great fighter, but I don't approve of what he's done with a couple of opponents, I don't agree with that."

While Sonnen has been rather reserved in regards to trash-talking Rua, himself, it was the criticism he directed a "Shogun's" former Chute Box teammate Wanderlei Silva that hurt most of all.

"I feel personally attacked when Chael talks about Wanderlei. That's what really gets to me."

He treats everyone that way. Shogun is one of my all time favorites, but man do I get sick of the whole Brazil thing. It doesn't matter what Rogain asks them after a fight, the answer is always something about Brazil.

So much history and success from Brazil in MMA, the whole world knows and acknowledges this, I think it's time to move forward.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

I don't Brazilling know what the Brazil you are Brazilling about! If anything Brazil doesn't Brazilling get Brazilled about enough.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

remember the last time shogun wanted to seek vengeance for a fellow brazilian...ricardo arona sure does!

God I'm so pumped for this fight.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Default Sonnen: 'I always like to look past a guy'

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ok-past-a-guy/

Win or lose against Mauricio Rua (21-7 MMA, 5-5 UFC) in their five-rounder, Sonnen (27-13-1 MMA, 6-6 UFC) has said, his next fight may very well take place back at middleweight. For anyone else, that might make this light heavyweight title pretty meaningless. It's not for a title or even to determine who'll get the next crack at one. It's two fighters coming off losses, one of whom does not even plan to remain in the division, and yet it's must-see TV because Sonnen says it is. Same with the next one and the next one after that, all of which Sonnen seems to be setting up for himself even before this one is over and done with.

"I always like to look past a guy," Sonnen explained. "It's a good way to not have to spend too much time thinking about the same guy, where you worry and grow stale."

7. 08-15-2013, 02:51 AM

Thread Information