Thread: Ryan Jimmo vs. Jimi Manuwa added to UFC Fight Night 30

Default Ryan Jimmo vs. Jimi Manuwa added to UFC Fight Night 30

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...fight-night-30

A light heavyweight matchup that should provide fireworks is on tap for UFC Fight Night 30.

Jimi Manuwa (13-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and Ryan Jimmo (18-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) are the latest additions to the card, which takes place Oct. 26 at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England.

It's unknown whether the fight, which was first reported by MMAFighting.com, will serve on the Facebook-streamed preliminary-card or the FOX Sports 2-televised main card.

Gonna be a rough night for Jimmo

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Man, this is going to be an AWESOME fight! Looking forward to this.

Also, I was looking on Wikipedia to remind myself who Jimi's last fight was... It says he beat Diabate by "TKO (retirement)". EDIT: Just weird that they make it sound like he retired in the middle of the fight as opposed to the usual TKO (ground strikes) or whatever.
    Last edited by AnchorPunch; 08-10-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Man, this is going to be an AWESOME fight! Looking forward to this.

Also, I was looking on Wikipedia to remind myself who Jimi's last fight was... It says he beat Diabate by "TKO (retirement)". Ha!
    You must of forgot about his last fight fight against Igor Porjarack (?). If he comes out like that, Jimi is gonna fuck him up.

Hate to be "that guy", but Jimmo will play an extremely safe periphery game, disengage as often as possible, and just look to tire Manuwa by riding his bike and avoiding the attack and score points. Jimmo has 9 career decision wins and they all worked around the same game plan. Manuwa is going to be coming forward like a headhunting sherman tank and unless he can crack Jimmo in that first round, I think he gets tired of trying to chase Jimmo and close the distance and drops a decision. Want Manuwa to win because he's really fun to watch, but I feel a Jimmo-ing coming on here.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-in-manchester
    Ryan Jimmo vs. Jimi Manuwa official for UFC Fight Night 30 in Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Hate to be "that guy", but Jimmo will play an extremely safe periphery game, disengage as often as possible, and just look to tire Manuwa by riding his bike and avoiding the attack and score points. Jimmo has 9 career decision wins and they all worked around the same game plan. Manuwa is going to be coming forward like a headhunting sherman tank and unless he can crack Jimmo in that first round, I think he gets tired of trying to chase Jimmo and close the distance and drops a decision. Want Manuwa to win because he's really fun to watch, but I feel a Jimmo-ing coming on here.
    I'm pulling for Manuwa, but Jimmo might look to exploit any potential holes in Manuwa's bottom game.
    If he decides to keep it standing, keeping the distance from Manuwa is easier said than done, and with power like Jimi has, it's not a good idea to take big shots on the inside.

I think Jimmo will try to wear Jimi down against the cage early and look for the takedown often. If he can't get it, I see Manuwa imposing his will and landing the more powerful shots for a second round finish.

If it goes past the second I'm giving this one to Jimmo for a 29-28 decision (on any competent judge's scorecards).

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

I love my fellow Canadian Jimmo but shit, he is getting thrown in with a wolf here.. Manuwa is a monster and yeah, Jimmo is gonna have a round time here, and get hurt.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Love this fight and I agree with fedorlei and dan! Hope fedorlei is wrong though (which isn't often) and that jimmo comes to bang.

Thread Information