+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira bashes Chael Sonnen, wants rematch with Shogun Rua

Default Antonio Rogerio Nogueira bashes Chael Sonnen, wants rematch with Shogun Rua

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/10...nts-shogun-rua

"Sonnen may take him down twice, but he won’t be able to do that for five rounds," "Minotouro" told MMAFighting.com. "He will need to stand at some point of the fight and Shogun will tag him. I believe Shogun will knock him out."

When the UFC announced Nogueira off of UFC 161 with an injury, Chael started to campaign to replace him. He got the fight, and Nogueira had to listen.

"I hear Brazilian chicken is off the menu," Sonnen tweeted in June. "American gangster is still available if you want to send your waitress over."

Rogerio fires back, but has no interest on facing "The American Gangster" inside the octagon.

"That fight doesn’t interest me because I want to fight the best, and there are a lot of fighters that are better than him, including Shogun, Dan Henderson and Rashad Evans," he said. "Chael talks trash, he’s pure marketing. If we keep talking about him, that’s what he wants. He fought three times for the world title and got beat up. He tried to make his name when Anderson was fighting him injured, and we all saw what happened in the second fight."

"Minotouro" eyes a potential return by the end of the year, and Rua’s name is in his head.

"I want to fight again this year, absolutely," said Nogueira. "(Shogun) is good fight, a good option for me. I’m a lot better now, back to boxing training already. I have trained jiu-jitsu last Saturday and it was a little painful, but I believe I’ll be ready to train hard in a month."

wont fight the guy who is going to beat Shogun then goes on to say he wants to fight shogun, old man hendo, and rashad...i thought he wants to "fight the best'

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

You have Chael Sonnen beating Shogun?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    You have Chael Sonnen beating Shogun?
    Depends which Shogun shows up. You will tell at weigh-ins.

Shogun's often-used leg kicks and uppercuts make this an interesting clash of styles. I really like both guys but don't want to see Sonnen lose another. Hope he pulls this off.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    but don't want to see Sonnen lose another. Hope he pulls this off.
    You might be one of the few.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Yeah, he doesn't want that fight because he would get mauled.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    Yeah, he doesn't want that fight because he would get mauled.
    Seeing how a majority of chael's losses are from submissions and how mediocre he tends to do at lhw, I'd take lil nog in that fight. I'm guessing that after the shogun fight, Chael will return back to the middle weight division, unless anderson regains the title.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Seeing how a majority of chael's losses are from submissions and how mediocre he tends to do at lhw, I'd take lil nog in that fight. I'm guessing that after the shogun fight, Chael will return back to the middle weight division, unless anderson regains the title.
    I'd take any top 15 LHW in a fight against Sonnen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I think Chael destroys Lil Nog.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information