Thread: Bellator fighter War Machine tweets about 'raping' girlfriend Christy Mack

Default Bellator fighter War Machine tweets about 'raping' girlfriend Christy Mack

Bellator fighter War Machine tweets about 'raping' girlfriend Christy Mack
    By Zane Simon  @TheZaneSimon on Aug 10 2013, 5:59p

Current Bellator fighter War Machine has once again displayed his own special brand of ignorance in a set of tweets about raping his current girlfriend Christy Mack.

Alright, I'll say this, I get what War Machine is doing here. He's using language casually, trying to be controversial and show that he doesn't play by the rules of modern society. But there's a point where attention grabbing slips from the desperate to the unconditionally terrible and this comes pretty close to crossing that line. War Machine posted a couple of tweets today about raping his girlfriend Christy Mack, because she wanted do get errands done (presumably before having sex). He defended his sentiments by saying that "Real men rape their wives and girlfriends."

Real men rape. ( Their GF's and wives, not strangers, don't get your panties in a bunch.) ó War Machine (@WarMachine170) August 10, 2013
    Get it? He's a dominant man, so when he wants sex from a lover he takes it! He rapes her, because that's what a real man does...

Bellator has slowly been cutting ties with it's problem children of late, first releasing Brett Rogers, and then Maiquel Falcao and Paul Daley. Maybe it's time to cut all the dead weight and leave War Machine to go be a real man on the regional circuit.

UPDATE by Tim Burke: War Machine has now deleted the "real men rape" tweet, and added two more to explain that it was taken out of context:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/10...-mack-mma-news

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney issues statement on War Machine's 'real men rape' tweet
    By Brent Brookhouse  @brentbrookhouse on Aug 11 2013, 12:08a

Bellator's CEO issues a statement following War Machine's tweets joking about "raping" his girlfriend and stating that "real men rape."

Earlier tonight War Machine tweeted out jokes about "raping" his girlfriend and then a follow up claiming that "real men rape." Bloody Elbow reached out to Bellator for a statement on the situation in the moments following those tweets.

Bellator released the following statement from CEO Bjorn Rebney moments ago:

I agree with those who found Jonís earlier statement to be offensive and inappropriate. And, while his public apology ("I tweeted something earlier that was stupid, insensitive and wrong. Rape is never something to joke about ever. I sincerely apologize") surely does not excuse his statement, it does evidence his recognition of the seriousness of the situation and his realization that what he said was offensive, ignorant and hurtful. Since the day I entered this business, Iíve believed that my job was to treat our fighters like human beings and not like property. Human beings make mistakes and sometimes say stupid things.

Iím surely prepared to take action in warranted situations as evidenced by recent promotional contracts we have terminated with well-known, popular fighters who have committed assault and/or who have broken the law. But, in this situation, I remain hopeful that Jon will learn from his mistake, redeem himself and become a better man for it and I would like to give him that chance.
    So it sounds like no action will be taken from this point.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/11...hines-real-men
    Follow the links for the entire articles. Didn't see this posted here yet, jeeeeez he technically is a Viacom employee.....

Good lord, what an idiot.

...douche...

Anything that has to do with this scumbag should be immediately noobjacked

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

It amazes me anyone can be surprised or offended by someone who legally changes his name to "Warmachine". That should be your first clue this guy's elevator's not working.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Who gives a fuck? The tweets between the two of them are horrible, they have a dark sense of humor and don't care about who gets offended. Warmachine tried getting her attention on twitter and she ignored him until Hustler hooked him up and she gave in(creepy much?) Not everyone is a good person,does that mean they shouldn't have a job,or do what they enjoy as long as it doesn't hurt other people(who arent willing). Don't follow them on twitter if you don't like what they say,simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Oh wow war machine said something controversial. I bet you he ate breakfast, and pissed at some point today too.
    USA! USA! USA!

I enjoyed watching his fights, especially after his tuf appearance, but man he has got to be one of the stupidest fighters to have marginal success. You think he would have learned after his Evan Tanner tweets.. To think he could have had a much more successful mma career if he just censored his dumb ass brain every once in a while.

Is it still considered rape if the guy only has a 3" dick? Better look that one up Mr. Machine.

Thread Information