Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldo supports TRT, accuses Couture of using PEDs

Hybrid View

Default Aldo supports TRT, accuses Couture of using PEDs

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...of-using-PEDs/

Featherweight champion Jose Aldo has been generally soft spoken in the media, but today commented on the hot button topic of TRT, even tossing a heavy accusation at a former UFC world champion:

"I donít see the problem with using TRT," Aldo told Tatame. "Everybody uses [steroids], from the champion to the newcomer. I believe we [from Nova Uniao] are the only ones that donít do that, because Andre (Pederneiras) was always against steroids. I think itís wrong to criticize someone who came forward and said they take TRT."

"Americans always used that," he said. "Randy Couture fought until he was 50, and you say he was clean? If the doctors prescribe you and youíre on the limits, OK, I see no problem. If I need that one day, I will use TRT too."

Those damn dirty Americans! It's not just MMA either, look at all the dirty Americans recently suspended by MLB..oh wait...
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Yeah typical bullshit "Everybody is using roids, everybody!!....except me of course"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I agree with him that it is wrong to bash people who actually came forward and admit that they use trt, especially if they are adhering to the rules, but saying that everyone uses steroids except his gym is retarded.

I think everybody is on steroids. Except the flyweights. They should start juicing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

After finding out that even I could buy legit pro grade HGH, I truly believe there are a lot of athletes on steroids. When it comes to money, people are willing to do just about anything.

7. 08-12-2013, 03:14 PM

i always assumed randy was on trt as well. i mean it would be pretty hard for a 50 year old to be in the sport and NOT be tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    i always assumed randy was on trt as well. i mean it would be pretty hard for a 50 year old to be in the sport and NOT be tbh.
    Well you have to remember Randy only started fighting at 34. So he only fought for 14 years and over that time fought only 30 fights so he averaged just a little more then 2 fights a year. So he never had that much wear and tear like Matt Hughes, Sean Sherk or Wandy Silva. So it is no shock that he could fight that long because he didn't fight that often and stayed in great shape all year around.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Well you have to remember Randy only started fighting at 34. So he only fought for 14 years and over that time fought only 30 fights so he averaged just a little more then 2 fights a year. So he never had that much wear and tear like Matt Hughes, Sean Sherk or Wandy Silva. So it is no shock that he could fight that long because he didn't fight that often and stayed in great shape all year around.
    That's true, from an MMA stand point. But Randy has been wrestling his whole life (and at the highest level in his later years) and served in the military. That's a lot of wear and tear even prior to deciding to do MMA. So the TRT definitely had a role in how long he was able to stretch out his career.

Thread Information