+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bellator's Fight Master Moves to 11pm Thursday Nights for Remainder of Season

Default Bellator's Fight Master Moves to 11pm Thursday Nights for Remainder of Season

Bellator's Fight Master Moves to 11pm Thursday Nights for Remainder of Season

Bellator's first ever reality show titled Fight Master will be moving nights and time slots for the remainder of the season.

Spike TV will shift the MMA reality show starring coaches Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson and Joe Warren to Thursday nights at 11pm following IMPACT Wrestling, which airs from 9 to 11pm.

Bellator officials confirmed with Bleacher Report on Monday that the move was permanent after Spike TV first made an announcement on Twitter.

"Fight Master will be moving to Thursdays at 11p for the remainder of the run," Bellator officials said via email on Monday.

The move comes just a week after Fight Master suffered its worst ratings of the season pulling in just 398,000 viewers for the August 7 broadcast.

The show has been a roller coaster of ups and downs all summer since launching in June as part of the network's effort to get back into the MMA market after losing the UFC to Fox in 2011.

The debut of Fight Master came with a paltry viewing audience of 432,000 viewers, although the night it aired the show happened to be going head to head with the finals of the Stanley Cup playoffs in the NHL.

In subsequent weeks the ratings for Fight Master improved with week two bumping up to 545,000 viewers, and episode three at 676,000 viewers.

Episode four dropped down to 505,000 viewers, with episode six again jumping up in the ratings gaining 629,000 viewers.

This latest drop, however, is the most dramatic in the series' brief history. Spike TV officials were unavailable for comment about the move on Monday.

The move to 11pm on Thursdays could mean a couple of things for the struggling show. First, Spike TV is moving it directly after one of their most popular offerings with TNA wrestling routinely pulling well over a million viewers per episode.

On the other hand, an 11pm time slot is never ideal for original programming on TV when it's not considered a "late night" show such as Conan O'Brien or the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

There has been no official word if Fight Master will get picked up for a second season or not.

Meanwhile, Bellator remains on hiatus until September when they return on Saturday night, Sept 7 for the kickoff to season 9, before the live fights move to Friday nights on Spike TV instead.

Bellator has shifted programming a few times thus far since entering a partnership with Spike TV in 2012. The fight promotion started on Thursday nights, and then shifted to Wednesdays for the summer shows that have aired thus far.

Now they will move to Friday nights for the biggest part of season 9, which runs through Friday, Nov 22.
    Bad news for Fight Master. I'm actually enjoying the show, but concerned it won't be back for another season.

I like it as well. Too little too late I think. If you had combined the TUF notoriety with this concept it would have made a great show I think.

I only saw the first three episodes but I liked them (planning on watching the rest when I have time). I prefer the focus on the coaches than the shananigans inside the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

I've been watching it and it's quite good. Why is it having such bad ratings?

frank and joe just got under my skin to much to keep wating the show

Quote Originally Posted by dexter View Post
    I've been watching it and it's quite good. Why is it having such bad ratings?
    It's on Spike. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    It's on Spike. Haha.
    You beat me to it. The show will be dead after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I enjoy the fightmaster show. Joe warren sucks as a coach. If they do another season does anyone think Tito takes his spot?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information