+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Longo: "Anderson has a major task ahead of him"

Default Longo: "Anderson has a major task ahead of him"

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...-ahead-of-himq

Describing the former champion as “a 40-year old man” (he’s actually 38), Longo says that all the talk of the UFC 162 knockout being a fix or a fluke will only motivate Weidman more.

“Nobody’s taking that victory away. We all know what happened, and anybody who’s worked out with him, sparring or wrestling, they know he’s going to do it again,” he tells Ring Fever.

“If they motivate him by saying this was a fluke, he might kill a guy, yeah, he’ll hurt him... he's that type of guy, yeah.

“You're taking a 40 year old man who got his head bounced off the canvas. Like what doctor is he going to that is going to recommend that he get back in there? 'Couple of months, that's good.' Just had a major concussion. 'Yah put him in that's good...' Guy's 40 years old, he's got a big task ahead of him.”

What a reality check it'll be for Longo when he watches Chris get taken apart in under 3 minutes.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

3. 08-16-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    What a reality check it'll be for Longo when he watches Chris get taken apart in under 3 minutes.

Yeah like last time o.0

5. Default

Wiedmens biggest asset going in the first time was Anderson was unmotivated and under estimated him. It will be a big task for Anderson, but it will be for Chris too.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Wiedmens biggest asset going in the first time was Anderson was unmotivated and under estimated him. It will be a big task for Anderson, but it will be for Chris too.
    I'm sorry, exactly when did Anderson say he was unmotivated or underestimated him?

I don't think Anderson and his camp underestimated Chris at all. They avoided the fight for as long as they could it seemed.

It will be great when Chris retains the championship.

You may be right and Anderson may be done, but believe this, you will never get as great or as dominant a champion as Anderson Silva again! That being said, I think he schools him in the rematch and retires afterwards, no trilogy - BOOM!!!

Anderson acts that way in a lot of fights, however, I think it was different in the Weidman fight. I think he knew he was outmatched when it came to any grappling and that Chris was much stronger than him. I feel like he may have been a little frustrated and was trying his best to get into Chris' head and throw him off so that he could capitalize. It looked like it was actually working for a moment as Chris was a little hesitant but Anderson just didn't go in for the kill. He was looking for the counter and it never came.

I surely feel Anderson will try to finish the fight at all costs in the rematch because at this point, it's all or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    I'm sorry, exactly when did Anderson say he was unmotivated or underestimated him?
    I never heard Anderson say it either, but they way he acted in the fight clearly showed that he underestimated Weidman's striking, IMO. Lose by sub, gnp, or UD? Sure. But lose by brutal KO? I doubt that scenario seemed likely to the Spider.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information