+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reports in Brazil indicate that Vitor Belfort vs Lyoto Machida will go down in Novemb

Default Reports in Brazil indicate that Vitor Belfort vs Lyoto Machida will go down in Novemb

A spectacular fight between two of the biggest names in MMA in Brazil entered the UFC's plans in recent days and is being greatly entertained internally. The desire of the organization is to score Vitor Belfort x Lyoto Machida for the end of the year in Brazilian soil, as Combate.com found with sources close to the Ultimate. If confirmed, it is likely that the duel is the main attraction of the event that has already been agreed for November 9, in Goiânia Arena, the capital of Goiás The weight class - the middleweight (84kg), medium heavyweight (93kg) or a combined weight - yet to be discussed.
    http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate...no-brasil.html

Interesting turn of events...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Wow, I love this fight!!!! Please let it happen. I want to see Vitor chase Machida down and destroy him (wishful thinking). It is a very interesting clash of styles.

Machida would have to actually come forward and fight against Vitor. I feel he would surely lose another decision if he played cat and mouse.

I want to know what they're thinking making this fight.

It would be one of the greatest moments of the year for me if Vitor knocked Machida out.

I can't think of a better potential match-up. This should be a great fight.

If I was Machida, I'd take this fight at 195. Vitor gets his way, he doesn't have to cut down to middleweight. Machida can do a test cut, to see how his body would do under 205 lbs. A win against Vitor would put Machida in a good position if he wants to drop to 185.

AWESOME!

I really hope this fight turns out to be real, unlike the last two Vitor-fight rumors. Although I'd bet that it's not agreed to yet; both guys have a history of extra negotiations around fights and this seems to have come together quickly.

But wow, if this is real that would be fantastic. I could see the pace actually being fairly slow as neither guy wants to run in on the other but the clash of styles is so interesting. Machida has the kicks and the (underrated) offensive wrestling to put a whooping on the old Vitor. But new Vitor has added new tools, strength, and possibly cardio so I have no idea what we'll see out of him. It's crazy to think we could actually see him throw leg kicks lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

I just remembered that Lyoto claimed that Silva didn't want the Weidman rematch and was forced into it. Do you guys think he knows something, like maybe Silva's near retirement, and this fight is telling about a weight class change?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Whether this is true or not i'd love to see Lyoto at 185. Correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to remember Lyoto saying he doesnt cut any weight and i think i've seen him weigh in as light as 202 or 203 so i can't imagine he'd have trouble getting to 185
    Favourites- Fedor, Randy, the Nogs, Bas, Hunt, Igor Vovchanchyn, Lesnar, Chael, Jennum, Matt Brown, Taktarov, Pat Barry, Bam Bam Dewees, Hamill, Renzo, Cro Cop, Te Huna, Maia, Lawler, Mousasi

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I just remembered that Lyoto claimed that Silva didn't want the Weidman rematch and was forced into it. Do you guys think he knows something, like maybe Silva's near retirement, and this fight is telling about a weight class change?
    I think if Silva regains the title, it'll never get defended by him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendeko View Post
    Whether this is true or not i'd love to see Lyoto at 185. Correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to remember Lyoto saying he doesnt cut any weight and i think i've seen him weigh in as light as 202 or 203 so i can't imagine he'd have trouble getting to 185
    Correct

Insert awesome crane kick prediction......here

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Insert awesome crane kick prediction......
    Done

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information