Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonnen wants trilogy fight with Silva

Default Sonnen wants trilogy fight with Silva

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ht-with-Silva/

If Anderson beats Chris Weidman, they’ll go into a rubber match, but I want to fight Anderson either way, regardless of the title. I don’t accept the outcome of either of those matches. We can fight; it doesn’t have to be for a belt. I don’t always chase titles around. I wanted to fight Jon Jones. He just happened to have the title. I want to fight Anderson Silva whether he’s got the belt or not. I’d like to fight him right now.

And threatening Wandy too:

Chael Sonnen warns Wanderlei Silva he's next after he puts his 'henchman,' Shogun Rua to sleep in Boston
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/14/46...shogun-rua-mma
    "On August 17, a fight’s going to take place and everyone’s screen saver will be Wanderlei’s face. Not scowling or pouting or pounding his fist, or stumbling with English or rolling his wrist, but watching in horror as docs try to wake his little henchman Shogun who made the mistake of cutting in line on my way to his boss, and ended up knocked out and trying to explain the loss. Sitting at the press conference table with Wanderlei outside, hailing a cab for the panic-filled ride to Logan Airport, or better still to the docks, to stow away, on a boat to Brazil to get away from this gangster right here, who will eventually will leave him face down and end his career."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 08-14-2013 at 03:34 PM.

There's a trilogy match usually when each fighter wins at least one of the 1st two. Had the 2nd fight been competitive and entertaining I wouldn't say no. But it was neither!

Show us that American Gangster thing you speak of against Shogun and lets go from there.

Actually you are kind of wrong. Herring v. Big Nog, Wandy v. Rampage, Horn v. Sonnen, Tito v. Shamrock and lets not forget we almost saw Tito v. Liddell and Penn v. GSP. So there have been plenty of fights where a guy was up 2-0 in the series and fought him a 3rd time.

I am all for Silva v. Sonnen 3 at some point. It is the best rivalry maybe in MMA history. If Silva loses to Weidman and Sonnen is no where near a title picture why not? It will be a big money fight and it would be a great fight for one or both guys to retire after.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Hopefully after Shogun finishes him, Sonnen will stick to the broadcast booth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Actually you are kind of wrong. Herring v. Big Nog, Wandy v. Rampage, Horn v. Sonnen, Tito v. Shamrock and lets not forget we almost saw Tito v. Liddell and Penn v. GSP. So there have been plenty of fights where a guy was up 2-0 in the series and fought him a 3rd time.
    How dare you bring up perfect examples of this happening in the past.

So now Chael is a poet? that shit rhymed...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Hopefully after Shogun finishes him, Sonnen will stick to the broadcast booth.
    you want to do some kind of bet on this one sir

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    you want to do some kind of bet on this one sir
    You want to do a 2 week sig bet on it? I'm down. I'll take the Shogun

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    You want to do a 2 week sig bet on it? I'm down. I'll take the Shogun
    your on

So it is written, so it shall be.