Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen wants trilogy fight with Silva

1. Default

I call unfair bet. I think its in the forum rules somewhere that you cant risk a Bill Murray sig.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    I call unfair bet. I think its in the forum rules somewhere that you cant risk a Bill Murray sig.
    It's a good thing Shogun is going to win
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

He wants a trilogy, LOL, and I want to go to the moon.
    No one single person would be interested in a trilogy between them, Anderson finished him both times. By sub and by (T)Ko so no point in fighting again.

Hopefully Shogun smashes him, then Wand does the same and Chael retires. That Troll is not even remotely funny anymore.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

The title of this thread should be "Sonnen wants another huge payday via Silva triology". Eh, I'd watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Actually you are kind of wrong. Herring v. Big Nog, Wandy v. Rampage, Horn v. Sonnen, Tito v. Shamrock and lets not forget we almost saw Tito v. Liddell and Penn v. GSP. So there have been plenty of fights where a guy was up 2-0 in the series and fought him a 3rd time.

I am all for Silva v. Sonnen 3 at some point. It is the best rivalry maybe in MMA history. If Silva loses to Weidman and Sonnen is no where near a title picture why not? It will be a big money fight and it would be a great fight for one or both guys to retire after.
    I'd say Fedor vs Nog, Rampage vs Wandy, Hughes vs Penn, Hughes vs GSP or El Guapo vs Shamrock just off the top of my head are better rivalries. I honestly don't think Sonnen/Silva would even make a list for me. The only thing great about Sonnen/Silva is the fact that Sonnen talked it up so much. He may have dominated the first fight and clearly could have coasted in the last round and won, but then what? Overturned due to the failed test which is most likely the reason he was dominating. The second fight wasn't close.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Why the fuck do so many people say that 2nd fight wasn't close? Chael dominated round one then through a stupid spinning strike made a mistake Anderson made him pay for it. But at no point in that fight was Anderson winning.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    But at no point in that fight was Anderson winning.
    Statement proven false by the 15 seconds that Anderson was winning.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So it is written, so it shall be.
    You feel comfortable with that bet after seeing Shogun's performances as of late? Remember this is the same Shogun that struggled against Vera. I hope you win hell I hope Sonnen gets smashed but I wouldn't sig bet on it unless Sonnen was fighting someone like Glover.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Why the fuck do so many people say that 2nd fight wasn't close? Chael dominated round one then through a stupid spinning strike made a mistake Anderson made him pay for it. But at no point in that fight was Anderson winning.
    I wouldn't quite put it as strong as dominating. He did take him down and pillow fist him for a minute or so, but at no point was Anderson in trouble.

Dominating to me is a 10-8 round.

Pred...

Even if I were to agree that Sonnen had Silva just barely clinging to life in the second fight, it still doesn't put their rivalry in MMA lore for me. I do believe he controlled the first round, but the first fight was more dominant by a considerable margin.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Thread Information