Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen wants trilogy fight with Silva

In the first round Sonnen did absolutely nothing while on top. He landed absolutely nothing strong, and Anderson looked very calm.

In the second round, Anderson stuffed his takedowns and destroyed him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    In the first round Sonnen did absolutely nothing while on top. He landed absolutely nothing strong, and Anderson looked very calm.

In the second round, Anderson stuffed his takedowns and destroyed him.
    Well I'm watching "Through The Wormhole", and the topic is Reality so apparently there's a 1 in 10 chance that Douchey is only dreaming that Sonnen dominated round 1. Never doubt Morgan Freeman.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

There has never been a trilogy fight worth a fuck where one of the fighters had already won 2 bouts over the other. Unless the principles are vying for contention--and sonnen is clearly not--they're a stupid idea that's based more on hype than significance.

utter meh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Why the fuck do so many people say that 2nd fight wasn't close?
    Because the second fight wasn't close. sonnen never had Silva in any danger, and got exposed and destroyed in the second round. Realistically, unless you're a total mark for chael, you can't even call the first fight a dominating performance, because he got finished in it. If there were any point in the first fight where Silva was close to being finished, I'd give the "dominating" hyperbole a little more credit...but it's funny how many people talk smack about Fitch and Sheilds being soooooo boring...sonnen is the exact same fighter--without Jake's submission grappling--who just talks more shit between fights. Fitch's bout with Erik Silva is more exciting than any performance chael has had in his entire career.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    You feel comfortable with that bet after seeing Shogun's performances as of late? Remember this is the same Shogun that struggled against Vera. I hope you win hell I hope Sonnen gets smashed but I wouldn't sig bet on it unless Sonnen was fighting someone like Glover.
    VERY comfortable. Mostly because, "Hey it's just a sig bet who cares?". But also because Sonnen hasn't won a LHW fight in what, 10 years? And never against somebody with the skill set of Shogun. It's funny, 5 years ago if somebody had said that Shogun would be the underdog in a fight against Sonnen, people would have lost their fuckin minds. I'm talkin pitchforks and torches. But in that time Sonnen has beaten Nate Marquardt, Yushin Okami, Brian Stann and Micheal Bisping. How that makes him a favorite over Shogun I'll never no.

And for the record, I'd take Brandon Vera over Chael Sonnen as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Chael is very capable of beating Anderson. In fact if my life depended on picking one 185 pound male to defeat Anderson Silva, I would probably still pick Chael.

No disrespect to Chris Weidman, I think that MAYBE he could have a small chance to beat the spider too.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Chael is very capable of beating Anderson. In fact if my life depended on picking one 185 pound male to defeat Anderson Silva, I would probably still pick Chael.

No disrespect to Chris Weidman, I think that MAYBE he could have a small chance to beat the spider too.
    So you'd pick the guy who lost to Silva twice over the guy who just knocked Silva out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So you'd pick the guy who lost to Silva twice over the guy who just knocked Silva out.

LOL that pretty much sums up my thoughts after reading his post as well.

I couldn't care less about a 3rd fight between Silva and Sonnen. Silva is an old guy, have him fight opponents that are atleast somewhat relevant. 3rd fight against Sonnen won't offer anything new to viewers.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Quote Originally Posted by predator0187 View Post
    I wouldn't quite put it as strong as dominating. He did take him down and pillow fist him for a minute or so, but at no point was Anderson in trouble.

Dominating to me is a 10-8 round.

Pred...
    'pillow fist' or not he took him down within the first minute and had him there for the entire round and ended the round in mount. He also was hit a grand total of 0 times in the first round...if thats not 10-8 i dont know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So it is written, so it shall be.
    do we have rules of content
    i hate to not be able to look at mman.com for a full two weeks while at work (spoken like a man who has no fear of losing lol)

Thread Information