Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Werdum plans to request Cain Velasquez vs Junior dos Santos winner, willing to wait

I still get a kick out of the author thinking a win over Browne would have put AO back into title contention. A one-win streak over a then unranked fighter--not to mention a highly publicized PED bust--would be title-shot worthy.

I think even dana would have a hard time selling that to anything but his most ignorant of fans.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

So we've got Werdum getting the next title shot. Probably Barnett/Browne winner after that. Then who? Does Hunt get a title shot with a win over Big Foot?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Sit and wait to get ktfo. I doubt he beats jds for sure, with Cain there's a chance he can catch him with a sub early before he slows down but Cain is a very strong wrestler so we'll see soon enough.

If not Werdum at this point, who would be a better choice? I think Werdum deserves the next shoot. If Josh can string a few wins together, I could see him getting a shot down the road, but there isn't really any stand out matches in my mind.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Barring injuries, Werdum certainly should get the next shot. There is currently one other contender deserving of a shot, and he's going to LHW win or lose against Nelson.

At this point, I give Werdum a decent shot against either JDS or Velasquez.

Nelson, Russow and Big Nog isn't enough to get you a title shot. He'll need a win over another high ranked guy first. Beating Nog isn't the stepping stone it once was and doesn't get you a title shot (before anyone brings up Mir getting one after beating Nog, that was due to injury.). There are some interesting fights available for Werdum, and there's no way the UFC gives him a shot as is anyways.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenWarrior View Post
    Nelson, Russow and Big Nog isn't enough to get you a title shot. He'll need a win over another high ranked guy first. Beating Nog isn't the stepping stone it once was and doesn't get you a title shot (before anyone brings up Mir getting one after beating Nog, that was due to injury.). There are some interesting fights available for Werdum, and there's no way the UFC gives him a shot as is anyways.
    It's all about the best available contender. If JDS wins and Cormier wins, then I can see Cormier being called up first. If Cain wins and/or Cormier decides that no matter what the outcome of JDS/Cain, he's going down to 205, then Werdum is ahead of everyone else.

I could see Werdum fighting for the title on the Super Bowl card. Barring injuries, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I could see Werdum fighting for the title on the Super Bowl card. Barring injuries, of course.
    Agree i'd like to see that.

Cain all day.

Thread Information