http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/14/46...f-whether-cain

On UFC Tonight last night, the unbeaten heavyweight explained why he's going down to light heavyweightregardless of what happens at UFC 166 later this fall (Oct. 19, 2013), and he doesn't plan on doing it alone.

"I don't want to fight Cain (Velasquez) but I also want to start living life a little healthier, I've got kids now. A lot of fans have asked me to go down to 205, they've been asking me since I started fighting. So now I'm doing it, but I'm starting to put the earnest on them, I want them to do it with me. I have a website GetFitwithDC.com and I can watch their progress as we go down together."

Cormier of course, had his issues in the past where a rough weight cut forced him out of the Olympics due to kidney failure despite being voted captain of the team. He's taking his time making the cut this time around, doing it the right way.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout expects his teammate to defend the title, but even if he doesn't, Cormier isn't sticking around to see how the heavyweight division sorts itself out:

"I'm confident (Junior dos Santos) won't win that fight and, as I said, it doesn't matter. I want to try to live healthier for my kids and for my family. I want to live a longer life, a healthier life, so I'm going to go down regardless."