Thread: Cormier moving to 205 pounds regardless of whether Cain Velasquez defends belt at UFC

Default Cormier moving to 205 pounds regardless of whether Cain Velasquez defends belt at UFC

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/14/46...f-whether-cain

On UFC Tonight last night, the unbeaten heavyweight explained why he's going down to light heavyweightregardless of what happens at UFC 166 later this fall (Oct. 19, 2013), and he doesn't plan on doing it alone.

"I don't want to fight Cain (Velasquez) but I also want to start living life a little healthier, I've got kids now. A lot of fans have asked me to go down to 205, they've been asking me since I started fighting. So now I'm doing it, but I'm starting to put the earnest on them, I want them to do it with me. I have a website GetFitwithDC.com and I can watch their progress as we go down together."

Cormier of course, had his issues in the past where a rough weight cut forced him out of the Olympics due to kidney failure despite being voted captain of the team. He's taking his time making the cut this time around, doing it the right way.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout expects his teammate to defend the title, but even if he doesn't, Cormier isn't sticking around to see how the heavyweight division sorts itself out:

"I'm confident (Junior dos Santos) won't win that fight and, as I said, it doesn't matter. I want to try to live healthier for my kids and for my family. I want to live a longer life, a healthier life, so I'm going to go down regardless."

To paraphrase, "Yes I want to drop down so I can cut the line and beat Jon Jones' ass".
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I want to try to live healthier for my kids and for my family. I want to live a longer life, a healthier life, so I'm going to go down regardless."
    aka... Those fat comments Jones made last week really, really pissed me off and I am determined to get a shot at him.

Jones takes Cormier apart all day... Really hope I'm wrong, but really doubt that I am.

Good on DC for wanting to live a healthier lifestyle in general.

Bad on DC for shamelessly associating his weight cut with a website whose sole purpose is to sell crappy products.
    Last edited by Leucoethiops; 08-15-2013 at 02:33 AM.

I want to see him do it.

Roy should take a note!

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Jones takes Cormier apart all day... Really hope I'm wrong, but really doubt that I am.

Good on DC for wanting to live a healthier lifestyle in general.

Bad on DC for shamelessly associating his weight cut with a website whose sole purpose is to sell crappy products.
    I've never done a Sig bet since joining the site, but I'm open to this one. I love this fight! I think Dana fast tracks DC.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

I think it all depends on how DC fights Jones...whenever/if the fight happens. I think he has what it takes to go in and fearlessly get in Jones's face. Kind of like Rampage to Chuck. The guy that beats Jones will be the guy that is not scared, in awe, or giving too much respect to him inside the cage (yet still has the talent, toughness, and tools).

DC/Machida (if Machida stays at 205)
    DC/Shogun
    DC/Rashad
    DC/Glover
    DC/Gustaffson
    DC/Phil Davis
    DC/Vitor (maybe the only way for that is a title fight)
    And of course DC/Jones.

Yes please. The man has some of the best wrestling in any division and has drastically improved his stand up game over the last few years. A fight between him and Glover for the title would be an absolute joy to watch. And at 34, the aforementioned fights could serve as a great end to a career, maybe with one or two rematches added if no other contenders emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post

DC/Machida (if Machida stays at 205)
    DC/Shogun
    DC/Rashad
    DC/Glover
    DC/Gustaffson
    DC/Phil Davis
    DC/Vitor (maybe the only way for that is a title fight)
    And of course DC/Jones.
    Red are the ones i would bet money on DC losing, the machida one id be 50/50 on to be honest. I tihnk it would come down to a decision and it would be a matter of what judge scores what during the fight

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Red are the ones i would bet money on DC losing, the machida one id be 50/50 on to be honest. I tihnk it would come down to a decision and it would be a matter of what judge scores what during the fight
    I think the fights with Glover and Jones are tossups. And I would agree with you on the Machida matchup. Every other fight I see him winning. At least I'd think he would win.

Thread Information