Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC President Dana White Makes Nick Diaz an Offer: Lyoto Machida at 185 Pounds

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Reaction to Vitor possibly turning down the Machida fight:

Reaction to proposed Machida/Diaz fight:

Machida/Diaz is a joke, IMO. Diaz would make Machida look great by coming forward flat footed and throwing taunts while getting kicked 99 times and punched in the face. If he fought Machida like he fought Condit, he'd probably get finished. I do not believe Nick could ever land a takedown on Machida or outstrike him. This fight would be ridiculous. I just want to see Nick come back to WW, please. Robbie Lawler II, Rory Mac, Lombard!

If he wants a fight at MW, I would want to see him fight Bisping in a 5 rounder.
    Nearly pissed my pants laughing at that animated gif from Dumb and Dumber.

As much as I want to believe Diaz vs Machida can be competitive, I think Lyoto "The Wood Chipper" Machida will show up and land strikes through the plodding advance of Diaz all day and night.

I have to think the UFC is desperate at this point and scratching their heads on what to do with Nick so they're just throwing anything his way and announcing it publicly to stir interest.

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post

As much as I want to believe Diaz vs Machida can be competitive, I think Lyoto "The Wood Chipper" Machida will show up and land strikes through the plodding advance of Diaz all day and night.

I have to think the UFC is desperate at this point and scratching their heads on what to do with Nick so they're just throwing anything his way and announcing it publicly to stir interest.
    Let Nick fight Rory after all Rory did destroy his brother. That might generate fan interest either that or let him fight Condit again which I thought was supposed to happen again anyways. Its not like they cant find him a fight fans want to see.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

How about Belfort vs Diaz instead? That would be very fun to watch. Makes no sense this fight, but it would happen in the UFC, so whatever.

Machida would clearly beat Diaz by Decision. Would be a good fight though
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I would like to see Diaz come back soon. There are still plenty of fights at welterweight for him, as previously mentioned. I don't think he would do well at middleweight, and a fight with Bisping would sell a card. The reality of that fight would be Bisping bouncing in and out hitting a few quick punches, while Diaz calls him a crumpet eating pussy (bitch is more likely, of course) for not engaging.

Machida would certainly be in a title match after a win or two against top contenders at middleweight. I'd also say he could beat Weidman and be champ, should Silva fail to do so. I do like the rubber match idea with Shogun though.

Vitor should fight somebody. Anybody at this point. I'd venture to say that if he did get a shot at the middleweight title, it would be on a Memorial Day weekend card at the earliest. And that would be a year of his fighting career gone to waiting for something that wouldn't be guaranteed.

5. Default

Diaz has no chance against the top fighters of any division he can realistically fight in. His _ONLY_ win since coming back to the UFC banner has been at 170 lbs against a swollen 155'er. There is no way nick diaz is anything but an undercard fighter, swollen up due to a fan base who appriciate weed smoking and taunting more then fighting. A fight with Machida ends in another UD against nick, and his 3rd consecutive in ring tantrum and retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post

I love that gif. Jim Carrey always makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Let Nick fight Rory after all Rory did destroy his brother. That might generate fan interest either that or let him fight Condit again which I thought was supposed to happen again anyways. Its not like they cant find him a fight fans want to see.
    I'd love this fight. Only cause I'm a big Rory fan and want to see him have ownages over both Diaz brothers. I also want to see him toss Nick around like he did to Nate. The drama before and after the fight would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    How about Belfort vs Diaz instead? That would be very fun to watch. Makes no sense this fight, but it would happen in the UFC, so whatever.

Machida would clearly beat Diaz by Decision. Would be a good fight though
    I think Vitor destroys Nick, especially in Brazil. I would love to watch that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I would like to see Diaz come back soon. There are still plenty of fights at welterweight for him, as previously mentioned. I don't think he would do well at middleweight, and a fight with Bisping would sell a card. The reality of that fight would be Bisping bouncing in and out hitting a few quick punches, while Diaz calls him a crumpet eating pussy (bitch is more likely), for not engaging.
    I think Bisping would engage a lot out of not having any fear of being knocked out. Imagine the lead up and trash talk of this fight.

Diaz slaps Bisping. Bisping spits on Diaz. Camps jump into the cage and all hell breaks loose.

Yeah, this is just another fighter that would frustrate the shit out of Diaz and force him to retire again and complain about the state of MMA. Machida wouldn't stand in the center of the cage and trade with Nick. He'd hit and run, force Diaz to chase him, and pepper him with leg kicks. If you want to bring Diaz out of retirement, offer him up a stand and bang fighter. Throw him a Chris Leben, a Wanderlei Silva or a Robbie Lawler rematch. That'll wake Nick up and be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    No it wouldn't. Machida would make Diaz chase him like Condit did only he would be more active in leg kicks like he utilized in his first fight with Shogun. The fight would be boring and fans would once again be pissed. The better fight would be Machida Vs Vitor whom would likely be way more aggressive and explosive with his striking.

In all honesty I would rather see Shogun fight Machida again since they are 1 and 1. Meanwhile they should make DC fight Phil Davis before getting a title shot at 205.

As a Diaz fan, I don't love this fight. You're right, Machida will run and Diaz will get pissed and countered all night long. Diaz is still a top contender at 185 and 170 and so is Machida at 205, but stylistically I see this as a nightmare match-up for Diaz.. He also isn't used to fighting big guys like lyoto.

Shogun/Machida 3 makes sense right now I agree. BUT I don't like Vitor vs Machida either, Vitor needs to fight for the belt or against someone for the #1 contender now. How about Vitor vs Rory at 185, I like that a lot better.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Weird. This has to be the least anticipated match-up between two big name fighters. We all know how this fight would look from past matches of Diaz and Machida.

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    As a Diaz fan, I don't love this fight. You're right, Machida will run and Diaz will get pissed and countered all night long. Diaz is still a top contender at 185 and 170 and so is Machida at 205, but stylistically I see this as a nightmare match-up for Diaz.. He also isn't used to fighting big guys like lyoto.

Shogun/Machida 3 makes sense right now I agree. BUT I don't like Vitor vs Machida either, Vitor needs to fight for the belt or against someone for the #1 contender now. How about Vitor vs Rory at 185, I like that a lot better.
    Diaz may be fringe top 5 at 170, but how in the world have you made the leap to a top contender at 185?
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Thread Information