+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chael Sonnen Applying for License to Referee Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva 2

Sure!! Make it a Hell in a cell match too!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Whatever guys, I don't think it's a horrible idea. I think Chael is more of a professional than people think he is, and quite honestly, I think more fighters should get into refing. Let him apply and if the athletic commission deems him biased or unqualified so be it. Surely Chael would do a much better job than say, Yamasaki...
    ...?...

he's a FELON. A CONVICTED, ADMITTED FELON.

He has no business officiating any fights in the UFC, certainly not one where he's been so vocal about one of the fighters. Even if it was done to hype the fights, even if you're drinking his particular brand of kool-aide, it's a fucking horrible idea. If dana doesn't laugh it out off of any agenda it appears on, he's a total fool.

The only conceivable alternate-reality checks-and-balances way that could have a positive ending would be if Silva were to win and regain the belt, and then--without any solicitation or opportunity for sonnen to say a word--question-mark-kicks chael in the throat, flips off the crowd and retires as champion.

Yes to more fighters reffing. No to sonnen being one of them.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

If I was Silva I would simply refuse to fight.... no biggie
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

There could be no more ethical a man to do the job, aside from Mike Tyson! War Chael!

Chael Sonnen always ready to fill in for Vitor Belfort and ‘Little Nerd’
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/15/46...or-belfort-mma

"'Little Nerd' said that he was going to do this fight and pulled out like he always does. Coincidentally, after the posters, press releases and free marketing all got done. I'm from a different time. I'm from a time when your word meant something. I'm from a time that, when you sign a contract, you show up for work whether you feel like it or not. This guy called in sick, like he always does, three weeks in advance. Nobody sitting out there today can call up their boss and say, 'Hey boss, three weeks from now, I'm not going to feel good.' It can't happen. He comes out two days ago and says he wants to fight ‘Shogun.' Well listen genius; you could've fought ‘Shogun.' You could have fought him in Winnipeg and you gave your word to the fans, to the promotion and to ‘Shogun' that you would fight him. The number one rule in show business, and you saw with all the hurdles that our leadership has had to get through, the show must go on. Every time 'Lil' Nog' or Vitor Belfort signs a contract, I go into training camp because I know an opportunity is going to open up. That's just the reality of the situation. I think Shogun's outstanding, he's got a ton of skills and he can definitely beat me. I can beat him too. I want to go into this fight being a bully knowing that I can beat the guy. It's a very hard match. We're both coming off very tough matches, but even Babe Ruth struck out every now and then. We both fight very tough guys and we fight them all the time. Above all else, if we give our word that we'll show up, we will."

I'm surprised. For a guy with sooooo much integrity, how did he manage to forget to mention that he's from a time where he lies and launders money?

shocked, I yam.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

reactions to tongue in cheek comments are pretty funny!
    I love fridays

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm surprised. For a guy with sooooo much integrity, how did he manage to forget to mention that he's from a time where he lies and launders money?

shocked, I yam.

rh
    If you can't trust a felon, then who can you trust? I mean, they are rehabilitated aren't they? The system works doesn't it?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information