Thread: NSAC to present Brian Bowles' UFC 160 complaint uncontested at next meeting

Default NSAC to present Brian Bowles' UFC 160 complaint uncontested at next meeting

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...t-next-meeting

The Nevada State Athletic Commission is proceeding with a disciplinary complaint against bantamweight Brian Bowles despite not hearing back from the fighter on his failed drug test.

Bowles' post-fight drug screen at UFC 160 came back with a testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio of more than 20-1, according to the NSAC.

The commission temporarily suspended the fighter pending a formal hearing. Bowles has the right to contest the findings, but as of yet, he hasn't responded to the complaint, NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

"He never filed an answer, so it looks to be uncontested," wrote Kizer via email.

Regardless, the Georgia-based fighter is likely to be suspended and fined for his failed drug test at the NSAC's next meeting, which takes place Aug. 15 in Las Vegas.

Bowles was defeated via second-round TKO in a preliminary-card bout against George Roop at UFC 160, which took place May 25 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The NSAC tests screens all fighters at UFC events for performance-enhancers and drugs of abuse. All other fighters at the summer event came back negative.

Bowles' final T/E ratio is unknown because he didn't elect to have a confirming test performed on his urine sample. He did not apply for a therapeutic use exemption to use testosterone, Kizer previously said.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

20-1? Chael and Alistar nod approvingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

wow thats a lot of testosterone for such a little guy.

Dirk Diggler gots himself alot of test apparently.

Gimme the entire vial, doc!

And Overeem had 14-1, while this little ass dude had 20-1 damn lol. And he still got ktfo lol

"The NSAC tests screens all fighters at UFC events for performance-enhancers and drugs of abuse. All other fighters at the summer event came back negative."

This is interesting, is this new? I thought that all main event fighters and then random ones were tested. I like this if true whether new or not.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Brian Bowles Suspended and Fined by NSAC for 20:1 T/E Ratio at UFC 160
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/15/46...suspended-nsac
    Sitting at a 20:1 T/E ratio -- when the limit is just 6:1 -- was enough to earn Bowles a nine-month suspension from the NSAC and prompted the following statement (via ESPN):

"I just want to apologize to the athletic commission... it's embarrassing to me and it's embarrassing to the sport. I swear on my mother's life I was not shooting testosterone. It blew my mind when I heard how high my ratios were. I went and looked through everything (I took). I didn't have a lot of money because I wasn't fighting. I was taking less supplements than I normally do."

Bowles is claiming the fairly standard "unknown supplements" line, but in his case, it's entirely possible that he isn't full of horse bull. Because of his injury, Bowles was coming off an 18-month layoff and said financially, he couldn't afford to take his usual list of supplements.

For the record, his suspension is backdated to the date of the fight: May 25, 2013.

Thread Information