Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White will 'talk' to Bellator champion Ben Askren about potential UFC contract

Didnt Dana said that Askren was extremely boring??
    Oh right, while he is in Bellator he is "very boring", but in UFC he will be "one of the best fighters ever"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Didnt Dana said that Askren was extremely boring??
    Oh right, while he is in Bellator he is "very boring", but in UFC he will be "one of the best fighters ever"
    In the same way as Jon Fitch, if I had to guess.

The only way I'll be in the least bit intrigued will be if his first fight is against Maia.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Personally if i was dana i wouldnt shell out too much cash for askren, i see him turning out more like Shields in the ufc. Although i would love to see someone ktfo of askren

You can't deny Ben's skillset. Now some may not find it as a "dazzling" display of action but one should see that his last couple have become more "fan friendly" to watch. I could care less b/c I find it entertaining. Here we have an undefeated mma fighter who is an Olympian, trains at a top camp, multiple time national champion and some of you don't want to see him ply his trade in the big leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    You can't deny Ben's skillset. Now some may not find it as a "dazzling" display of action but one should see that his last couple have become more "fan friendly" to watch. I could care less b/c I find it entertaining. Here we have an undefeated mma fighter who is an Olympian, trains at a top camp, multiple time national champion and some of you don't want to see him ply his trade in the big leagues?
    Fools, all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Them signing Askren puts about as much excitement through my body as when they signed Jake Shields.... who fucking cares.
    Please Dana, sign someone that is going to bore us to sleep.

They should have a 3 way match between Askren, Shields, and Colton Smith & see which one of them could be the heavier blanket.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

8. Default

My problem is Askren is so good at wrestling, but he doesn't have a finishing move. To me MMA should provide more finishes from T/Ko or sub's if your a consistent dec fighter it's more of a sport like wrestling were their opponet is only tired when done. I can enjoy a fighter using control over there opponet, but don't care to see move after move only looking to control and not attempt to submit them

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    My problem is Askren is so good at wrestling, but he doesn't have a finishing move.
    He better practice the Stone Cold Stunner then!

Meh, I'm really not bothered. Askren is just Fitch v2 in my opinion.
    I see him working his way to the top with a string of boring decisions, but if he slips up I can't see the UFC or its fans having any problem cutting him.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Thread Information