Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Six fighters removed from UFC roster

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,388

    Default Six fighters removed from UFC roster

    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/15...erman-mma-news

    The UFC giveth and the UFC taketh away. The ufc has signed 8 fighters in the last month alone who have yet to make their promotional debut, it only stands to reason, with that kind of influx there would be a few fighters going the other way as well. Now it appears the ties have been cut with another five fighters and one we already knew about.

    To get the old news out of the way, the UFC has removed Roger Gracie's profile from their middleweight ranks. Reports of Gracie's release surfaced last week and came on the heels of his loss to Tim Kennedy in a fight where he not only failed to out strike his opponent but failed to out grapple him as well. It would appear that another five fighters are accompanying Gracie in his journey into the non-UFC MMA world. Those fighters whose names have been removed from the UFC rosters are Dave Herman, Ednaldo Oliveira, Bristol Marunde, John Maguire, and Vinny Magalhaes.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,398

    Default

    Gracie didn't get released, they didn't resign him after his contract ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,110

    Default

    It really didn't have to end like this for Herman.

    He had the athleticism and raw skillset to make it in the UFC(potential which could have been developed and really become a force when focused and finely tuned), he just didn't take it seriously, acted like a complete moron and didn't train for UFC caliber opponents. Herman expected to walk into the UFC and just outfight guys without truly putting forth the most optimized, well-trained Herman possible, he just winged it and you could make the case that he's lucky he won the Olav Einemio fight, his only UFC win.

    Just an unfortunate bust.

  4. #4

    Default

    Vinny said he'd retire in this case, right?

    Agreed with FG. I think Peewee is the only fighter in this list who I'll really miss being part of the UFC. Shame he couldn't show a bit more focus in his fights (and, presumably, while training).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Vinny said he'd retire in this case, right?
    He also deleted his twitter account for what it's worth.....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    And just like the tides.
    You have to know what you don't know.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,526

    Default

    Really Herman looked that good before entering the UFC?
    Because seriously a worse UFC career than his is not that easy to find. He looked horrible in all of his fights (including his only win)
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    4,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Because seriously a worse UFC career than his is not that easy to find.
    Steve Cantwell... Tiki Ghosn...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    england
    Posts
    672

    Default

    The only fighter I care for from that list is vinny. Love his bjj ground game and its really sad to see him retire from mma.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Really Herman looked that good before entering the UFC?
    Because seriously a worse UFC career than his is not that easy to find. He looked horrible in all of his fights (including his only win)
    Mayhem Miller???
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •