Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night on Fox Sports 1 Live Discussion Thread

Few things I've taken note of tonight:

1. Looking at the TUF premiere banner at the bottom right of the screen, could they not have found a more flattering picture of Tate? I'm quite sure that a softer angle wold've been far more complementary to her, the flat on shot does her zero favours and she isn't an ugly girl.

2. Noticed a bit of dirty stuff going on all night. Brandao, McGregor and Johnson were at times doing some potential fouls, feels like there is a good deal of leeway tonight.

3. Mario Yamasaki will never penalize a fence grab when it blatantly occurs...EVER

Johnson decimated Lauzon. Hoooooly shit. Did not expect that.

I like how when FOX went the locker room pre-fight work outs they put the John Howard stats over Uriah Hall then realized the mistake and put John Howards stats up for Howard as well.

Fuck these commercial breaks and over analyzing. I have had time to get off my couch and do housework and make lunch/dinner. Fuck you for making me be productive while watching sports.

30-25 is scary, I had 30-37 and suppose you could give Johnson a 10-8 first, but goddamn how the hell did he do enough to earn a 10-8 in either other rounds. Bad card.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Johnson decimated Lauzon. Hoooooly shit. Did not expect that.

I like how when FOX went the locker room pre-fight work outs they put the John Howard stats over Uriah Hall then realized the mistake and put John Howards stats up for him as well.
    Seriously, eh? I'd usually take a look at him for betting, but when I really went back and picked apart his past bouts, he's been glaringly inconsistent, some fights he looks excellent and vastly improved and in others, he comes out lost. He looked great tonight, but I'm hesitant to put too much into this win, as he's looked dominant before and followed up lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Seriously, eh? I'd usually take a look at him for betting, but when I really went back and picked apart his past bouts, he's been glaringly inconsistent, some fights he looks excellent and vastly improved and in others, he comes out lost. He looked great tonight, but I'm hesitant to put too much into this win, as he's looked dominant before and followed up lame.
    Mostly because he is an explosive athlete who has been known to blow his load prematurely having nothing left for the latter rounds. Did well with energy conservation to avoid fatigue. With more discipline will come more success.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Mostly because he is an explosive athlete who has been known to blow his load prematurely having nothing left for the latter rounds. Did well with energy conservation to avoid fatigue. With more discipline will come more success.
    I'd hazard that with more consistency in the Blackzillian training camps, the more success.

How Hall has allowed Howard to get inside and clinch with that level of reach is very unsettling if I'm Hall's corner.

Hall looks like he is unsure on how to fight doomsday. He keeps back pedaling and is lacking his usual confidence.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

That TUF kick feels kinda like both a blessing and a curse for Hall. It got him a recognizable name and infamy over the ridiculousness of the finish and he's on people's radars and main cards etc. But with all of that also came elevated expectations of him to such high levels that I'm not too certain he necessarily warranted.

What we've seen out of Hall tonight and in the TUF finale, is alot similar to the line on him from the Ring of Combat days. He was crazy favoured in this fight and people are looking forward to him doing another highlight reel finish, but I don't think he'll be able to do that against this level of competition and he shows alot of mental gaps in his game.

This is like Cro Cop/Barry 2.0.

Thread Information