Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winner of Matt Brown vs Mike Pyle calls out GSP, wants title shot

1. Default Winner of Matt Brown vs Mike Pyle calls out GSP, wants title shot

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...014649361.html

Matt Brown did not waste any time at UFC Fight Night 26 on Saturday night. He knocked out Mike Pyle in 29 seconds, and then quickly asked for a welterweight title shot.

Brown swarmed Pyle with a right hand and a huge knee, sending him to the canvas, then used fervent ground and pound to knock Pyle out. The fight was stopped at 29 seconds. Pyle protested the stoppage, but the replay showed he was clearly out.

When talking to UFC commentator Joe Rogan, Brown complimented Pyle, comparing him to UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. Brown then called out the champion.

"Where ya at, Georges?" Brown asked.

At the moment, Georges is preparing for his Nov. 16 bout with Johny Hendricks. After that bout, either fighter could make an intriguing match-up with Brown. He's on a six-fight winning streak, with the last five coming by stoppage.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

He's like the Jim Miller of Welterweight. Wins, wins, wins, but it takes forever for him to get a title shot.
    I'm down to see Matt Brown fight GSP. If not, give him the winner of Condit/Kampmann.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I love Matt brown, but he didn't earn a title shot yet. He's looked great as of late and seems serious about fighting for the title, I'd say give him a high ranked fighter and set him up for a chance to earn a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    He's like the Jim Miller of Welterweight. Wins, wins, wins, but it takes forever for him to get a title shot.
    I'm down to see Matt Brown fight GSP. If not, give him the winner of Condit/Kampmann.
    You have to beat somebody, not just anybody. He's earned a top 10 fight. Anything else is delusional.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Matt Brown is my hero.

Matt Brown is the Jon Fitch of the WW division,lol.

Condit or Rory next,win and you get the title shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Matt Brown is the Jon Fitch of the WW division,lol.
    I don't really see the comparison, unless that is sarcasm lol.

Id like to see how he does with ellenberger first. Or someone of that caliber.

I'd say he is at least 2 fights away from deserving a title shot.

Robbie Lawler, Jake Ellenberger, Mike Pierce(underrated HOSS) or loser of Condit/Kampmann would be suitable foes to establish Brown as a top ten challenger. I was impressed that he beat Pyle(although Pyle really hangs his chin out there to get tagged too often- see the James Head fight), but his streak hasn't included a murderers' row of WWs, time to step up the competition.

I wonder what Brown/Stungun II would look like, but I don't think they'd want to derail Brown's run by such a neutralizing fighter like Stungun.

I think if Maia beats Shields, he'll probably get the shot, although I could see Kampmann getting a WW shot with a win over Condit, since he's been such a presence in the UFC WW division over the years and a big win over Condit would be a fresh face to have GSP face. I've been hearing Kampmann's name in the mix a lot lately.

If they book Rory/Lawler, I think a winning Maia or Kampmann are probably the next in line. That'd leave several great challengers for Brown. Wonder if they'll test him out against Koscheck and see where things go from there?

If Brown were to score two more powerful wins against elevated competition, I think he'll have earned it.

I don't want to be too mean here, because I enjoy Brown greatly, but right now, I think Rory, Maia, Ellenberger, Diaz, Condit, Pierce, Nelson, Nate, Story, Silva, Stungun, Pierce, Hathaway, T-Wood and possibly Tarec, Siyar, Shields and Kos all beat him.

Thread Information