Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winner of Matt Brown vs Mike Pyle calls out GSP, wants title shot

I'm a big fan of Matt Brown but he still needs to fight a top 10 fighter. I laughed at Anik when he said that with 6 wins in a row, he has to be in the top 10; that's ridiculous. He's earned a ranked fight, that's it.

I say give him Mike Pierce. Both guys deserve a step up and more recognition.

He needs a better win to get a title shot. Nick Diaz comes to mind, that fight would be awesome.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    He needs a better win to get a title shot. Nick Diaz comes to mind, that fight would be awesome.
    Matt Brown versus Nick Diaz would be awesome! Too bad Nick still thinks he is on a championship level and would never even consider it though. My money would be on Nick ending Matt's winning streak though. Matt calling out the champ is laughable at this point to me. Like many prior posters, I think he needs at least two top ten wins first.

Robbie Lawler is who I want to see him fight.

I really like Brown, even before he started this winning streak. But no, 6 wins over guys outside of the top 10 does not a title shot warrant.

I'd like to think he's one big win away from getting the shot though. Have him fight either the Condit/Kampman winner or Rory. I'd say Brown vs Hendricks after GSP lays an ass whooping on him, but I doubt Brown wants to sit out until early next year for that fight.

And if they do Brown vs Condit/Kampman/Rory on that Nov 17th card, it lines up GSP's next challenger (victim) for the spring of 2014 (unless Condit or Rory win, then someone like Maia would get the shot).

6. Default

I think the Curious Case of Matt Brown is a huge aspect of the PROBLEM with today's rankings. How a fighter can remain top 10 yet lose 2 or 3 fights and bank on years prior or their name.

If Matt Brown isn't ranked top 10 right now, than no one should.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

was it just me, or did I actually hear matt brown say mike pyle was better than GSP?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I think the Curious Case of Matt Brown is a huge aspect of the PROBLEM with today's rankings. How a fighter can remain top 10 yet lose 2 or 3 fights and bank on years prior or their name.

If Matt Brown isn't ranked top 10 right now, than no one should.
    Right now, Kos is ranked #10 and is coming off losses. But can you really say Brown has beaten (or even fought) the level of competition necessary to be ahead of Kos? Kos' losses are to better fighters than Brown has fought in the last 4 years. As are his wins, even if they were a bit ago.

Give him at least one top five fighter. If he wins, he's earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He's not top ten yet. He deserves a top ten fight in his next fight.

Winning six in a row is impressive but his highest profile win prior to Pyle Was Mein or Swick. Stop with the calling for title shot beat an top ten opponent and go from there.

I think he's caught lightning in a bottle as of late but will come back down to earth when he runs into a contender.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Thread Information