+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Does Chael Sonnen Go From Here? Wanderlei Silva? Vitor Belfort? Lyoto Machida?

1. Default Where Does Chael Sonnen Go From Here? Wanderlei Silva? Vitor Belfort? Lyoto Machida?

http://www.mmaweekly.com/where-does-...-lyoto-machida

Chael Sonnen surprised many by submitting Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at UFC Fight Night 26 on Saturday night in Boston.

Hardly anyone, however, could be counted as startled that he immediately took aim at Wanderlei Silva, calling out the former Pride FC champion following his victory.

“Wanderlei Silva, six feet tall and 205 pounds, boy, until I met you, I didn’t know they could stack crap that high,” he declared.

“Wanderlei Silva, three months, you and the bad guy.”
    The funny thing is, now that Sonnen has defeated Shogun, proving that he is still a fighter to be contended with at the top of either the 205-pound or 185-pound division, everyone wants to fight him.

Vitor Belfort took to Twitter immediately after the fight and dissed on Sonnen for calling out Wanderlei.

“@sonnench don’t run from me. Why are u asking for wand? Let’s fight,” tweeted Belfort, adding, “Why u are asking for wand, u have to fight me. Lets do it @danawhite @lorenzofertitta”
    A short time later, it was Lyoto Machida calling for the fight with Sonnen, while also taking a dig at Belfort.

“Since @vitorbelfort hasn’t accepted our fight, I am sure that @danawhite can match me against @sonnench,” he tweeted.
    UFC president Dana White had tried to match Machida up with Belfort as the co-main event of UFC 167 in November, but he wanted the fight at middleweight, a weight where Belfort has currently declined to accept any fight outside of a title bout.

Sonnen calling out Wanderlei Silva and with Belfort and Machida both calling for a fight with Sonnen only exemplifies the options that White says Sonnen’s victory over Shogun opens up for him.

“Tonight changed a lot of things for Chael Sonnen,” said White. “He proved that he can beat one of the top guys in the top ten at 205 pounds. Does he want to stay there or does he want to go to 185?

“There are a lot of options for Chael. He can fight at 205 or he can fight at 185. The win over Shogun puts him in a great place at 205, and it puts him in a great place at 185.”
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Vitor would rape his soul. I think Wandi would be a fun fight, Michida would move too much to play his game. It was a good win, but I think Shogun may be pretty much done in MMA.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Wanderlei fight FTW! Fuck Vitor. After all the alleged fights reported in the media over the past few weeks, that he's turned down, he doesn't deserve to call out anyone, or make fights for himself. Clearly even Dana is sick of his shit. Machida would be another good fight, although I see that being such a one sided fight, with Machida being the clear winner.

So IMHO, the Wanderlei fight would be the obvious choice. Especially considering the trash talking history they both have. It would be the most competitive as well IMO. Wanderlei could KO Sonnen at any second, and Sonnen could take dominate Wanderlei on the ground for as long as he wants. Either could win.

Make Sonnen vs Belfort. Clash of TRT!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Chael has been clear over and over again that he wants Wanderlei. He secured that last night. He even confirmed that he was looking to lock in that match up with Joe Silva last night in the cage. He will put him to sleep as well.
    When the sounds of violence are heard, what side will you be on...

6. Default

I do not like saying this at all,but

Chael beats Wand and Vitor right now. If Chael gets the TD, Wand is done and Vitor has a shot with a hailmary triangle but Chael has great control

Vitor or Wand has a punchers chance but I think Chael gets a TD a round and beats them both
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    I do not like saying this at all,but

Chael beats Wand and Vitor right now. If Chael gets the TD, Wand is done and Vitor has a shot with a hailmary triangle but Chael has great control

Vitor or Wand has a punchers chance but I think Chael gets a TD a round and beats them both
    I agree man. I don't see him getting a TKO against either guy, but his style lends itself to Chael at least winning my decision, with his submission game becoming a real factor to consider as well.

I see him putting Wand to sleep, and riding top position for a decision against Belfort.

Last night was a do or die for Chael, a loss would have put him in a very awkward position (even though his last three losses were to the GOAT and Jones). Funny how one strong performance can change things so drastically and suddenly.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Chael beats wand easily imo, he's not the same guy. Vitor has a chance to clip him or maybe catch him in a sub. Machida has the best chance of the three with his movement.

Machida would make Chael look silly
    When the sounds of violence are heard, what side will you be on...

Coke as a post weigh in hydration drink?

Is Chael working on a sponsorship or what?

11. 08-18-2013, 06:05 PM

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information