Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Uriah Hall is not a fighter

Default White: Uriah Hall is not a fighter

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...not-a-fighter/

UFC president Dana White finally saw Hall in a new and not unkind light - he's too nice to be a fighter.

"I love Uriah Hall," said White post fight. "I have a great relationship with this kid. He's one of the nicest human beings you can ever meet. He's not a fighter, man."

"If I could take Brad Pickett's brain and heart and put it inside Uriah Hall's body, holy s--- there would be some damage done. Because Uriah Hall has all the physical attributes to be amazing. He's got speed, he's got power, he's unbelievable. He doesn't have what it mentally takes to fight here... That was a high-five competition.

"Listen, you're a nice guy. I get it. We're not here to f---ing high five. We're not here to shake hands. You do all that s--- when the fight's over. You're here to fight."

"Uriah is so nice, he makes the other really guy nice."

"He was this killer that everybody was afraid of on 'TUF.' Then he comes in to the big show, where it all really matters and where this is going to make your livelihood and everything else, and he turns into this different person, this super-nice guy.

"He was telling me when I talked to him after 'TUF' like, 'You know, I just really like him (Gastelum) He's a really nice guy.' OK. Well that really nice guy just took every f---ing thing you ever wanted. Do you understand what I'm saying to you?"

"One of the things I love about this sport is the sportsmanship that is displayed sometimes before, during, and after a fight, but it gets to a point where it gets ridiculous. That's not what people are sitting home to watch, that's not what people paid to come into this building to watch, hug and high five and all that."

"Its a mental thing. He was this killer that everyone was afraid of on TUF, and then he comes into the big show where it really matters and this is going to make your livelihood and everything else, and he turns into this different person. This super nice guy. He was telling me after the Kelvin fight ‘You know, I really like him, he's a really nice guy. OK, well that really nice guy just took everything you wanted. Do you get what I'm saying, does that make sense to you? I guess it doesn't make sense to him."

Uriah Hall is now 0-2 in the UFC, a position that frequently leads to a release from contract. Will White cut Hall, sending him to the feeder organizations in hopes that it makes him meaner?

"I don't know," said White. "I've got to think about this one."

That is what happens when you throw a developing talent on the hype train too soon. Use the 3 strike policy and give him the honor of a 3rd fight and if he drops the ball take him off the big cards.

And for fuck sakes please stop listening to Chael Sonnen who was telling Hall on TUF that he was ready to challenge for the mw title LOL.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Hall has fallen victim of the UFC hype machine, which generated probably what we could define as impossibly high expectations following his famed TUF kick. As Rogan elaborated last night, TUF house guys and UFC fighters are on completely different levels and at this point, Hall can't carry what he's been pegged to. I think he can rebuild and have a really substantial career, but at this point, I think we have to take him a little lighter without these expectations.

Give 'em one more shot. a Do or Die fight.
    If he even looks Bad in the fight ship his ass out.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

They need to build him up, simple as that. He obviously has a lot of potential, now is the time to build his confidence and let him grow, not force him to the top. He needs a few easier fights, let him adjust to the spot light and ease him into it. Fighters who came from tuf didn't make it to title shots by being throw to the deep end right away.

Just another example of bad management hurting a fighter, he needs someone looking out for him and actually making fights he has a better chance of winning and build him up. Howard is no joke, hes a vet,and he was super hungry to get back into the UFC, it's not the fight I would of made for my fighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Just another example of bad management hurting a fighter, he needs someone looking out for him and actually making fights he has a better chance of winning and build him up. Howard is no joke, hes a vet,and he was super hungry to get back into the UFC, it's not the fight I would of made for my fighter.
    At the same time not like he is in the position to be turning fights down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    At the same time not like he is in the position to be turning fights down though.
    He is and he isnt. As a fighter you need to protect yourself,and pick the right fights at the right time, coming out of the TUF house he wasnt riding a great high, he lost a SD in his first fight. To take an almost do or die fight against Howard was just a bad move, he shouldn't have taken a step up in competition after a lose.
    Werdum via triangle

Howard was not Hall's original opponent. Before Howard it was Samman, and before that it was somebody else.
    This kid was forced to train for one opponent after another due to all the replacements.

He had a lot of length on Howard and just didnt use it right. He backed off a lot and didnt pressure Howard the way he should have. I say give him one more chance and let him redeem himself. I still think anyone else from that season of TUF would get annihilated by him, except Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Howard was not Hall's original opponent. Before Howard it was Samman, and before that it was somebody else.
    This kid was forced to train for one opponent after another due to all the replacements.

He had a lot of length on Howard and just didnt use it right. He backed off a lot and didnt pressure Howard the way he should have. I say give him one more chance and let him redeem himself. I still think anyone else from that season of TUF would get annihilated by him, except Kevin.
    He had a month to train for Howard,more then enough time, and you shouldn't be training for each specific fighter because then your fucked if they show up with a different game plan,which happens often.

He didn't use his reach at all, he could of really worked a stiff jab and mixed up TD's, Howard was at a big size disadvantage,but Hall is to green to see that, another case of how he isn't living up to his potential.
    Werdum via triangle

Thread Information