Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva's reaction to Chael Sonnen submitting Shogun Rua is priceless

1. Default Wanderlei Silva's reaction to Chael Sonnen submitting Shogun Rua is priceless

http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/...a-is-priceless

Perhaps your reaction was similar to Wanderlei Silva's when Chael Sonnen slapped a nasty guillotine on Shogun Rua to earn a first-round victory over a guy many thought he would lose to. Two Pride FC veterans were finished in the first round at UFC on FOX Sports 1, and I'm sure if you look deeper into that statistics it reveals some intricate meaning about the Pride FC roster that you will probably ignore. Gone are the days of Pride FC competition steamrolling entire divisions in the UFC -- I mean even Anderson Silva got it in the end.

It's sad to see your heroes fall, especially when they fought aside you years ago. Team Chutebox members Wanderlei Silva and Shogun Rua gave us the infamous grappling photo which turned into the 'BJJ isn't gay if you don't make eye contact' meme. They've been buds for years, despite changing affiliations. So when Wanderlei Silva watches his old teammate get submitted by a guy that he vehemently dislikes -- frustrating isn't even the appropriate word to describe the emotion coursing through Wand's veins. Check out this live video reaction captured at a bar in Barrie, Ontario, Canada and props to @pegson for the find.

*I know this is a video, I just wanted more people to see this.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thanks for the video.

As for his reaction, mmm it looked absolutely normal. He just put his hands to his head, and that was all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Wow even Michael Bisping put up a better fight against Sonnen...
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Well that was a waste of 6 minutes.

Seeing his reaction to Chael's post-fight interview would have been better

That's priceless?

Quote Originally Posted by Bendeko View Post
    Seeing his reaction to Chael's post-fight interview would have been better
    x2! After the choke and then the "stacking crap" comment....I believe that reaction would have been a little better.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Wow, he really freaked out. Even put his hands on his own head and took a few steps back.

Thought he was about to go Patrick Bateman/Paul Allen style on the guy he was talking to.

*sarcasm*
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

God, I wish this situation had happened 8 years ago.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I sure wish I read everyone's comments before wasting my time watching that worthless video.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information