Thread: UFC Lightweight Reza Madadi Arrested in Sweden for Alleged Involvement in Burglary

Default UFC Lightweight Reza Madadi Arrested in Sweden for Alleged Involvement in Burglary

UFC Lightweight Reza Madadi Arrested in Sweden for Alleged Involvement in Burglary | MMAWeekly.com

Swedish UFC lightweight Reza Madadi has been arrested following a smash and grab that he was allegedly involved in at a handbag boutique, Bottega Veneta, in Stockholm.

On Friday morning, Expressen.se alleges that Madadi and his accomplices were banging against the door of the shop for five minutes before obtaining entry. Once inside a staff member said they cleared the store of expensive handbags estimated to be around the value of 1 million kronor ($150,000 USD).

The police set upon tracking down the get-away vehicle and were successful.

“We have two in custody. One of them is suspected of aggravated theft, and the other for abetting larceny,” prosecutor Olof Calmvik said.
    “My client denied the charges against him. I cannot say much more until we see how this evolved,” Madadi’s lawyer Ivan Fialdini said.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Damn Reza, why do you have to do this to my heart?
    Nope

Stealing purses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I'm calling BS.
    The man picked up a SOTN in his last fight. He's got a fight coming up.
    I doubt he would risk his life and career over some petty cash.

And he thought he had visa issues before

The police believe they have this case...

...in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The police believe they have this case...

...in the bag.

Lets get a double check on the semen to be sure.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/25...hiesa-mma-news
    Reza Madadi to go to trial for grand theft on Monday
    Kimura.se reports that Reza Madadi has spent the last two months in jail waiting upon results from an investigation into a robbery of luxury goods store Bottega Veneta in Sweden. Bottega Veneta is owned by Gucci and specializes in high end handbags, jewelry, and perfume. Prosecutors have been waiting for investigators to finish sifting through evidence before advancing their case. Madadi and another, unnamed, individual will face charges next week that could see them put away for as many as six years in prison.

At the time of his arrest, Madadi vehemently denied any involvement with the break in giving police an alibi of his whereabouts at the time. His lawyer offered an official statement:

"Reza has given police an account of his movements and location at the time the robbery was taking place and obviously it is very different from what they are claiming. So now we are waiting for police to investigate the information he has given them and hopefully he can be released from custody soon." (via Fighters Only)

Of course it doesn't help that this isn't Madadi's first brush with the law. He was implicated in one of the most infamous heists in recent history. A group of men stole a helicopter and flew it to the top of a Group 4 Securicor cash depot where they used small explosive devices to disable security systems and steal an unknown amount of cash. They loaded it into the helicopter which they flew to a field some 30 km away. Police were unable to respond as the criminals placed decoy bombs near police helicopters and caltrops in the street surrounding the building. Seven men were convicted for the robbery and while initially arrested, Madadi was not one of them. Madadi also has been charged with assault stemming from his career as a bouncer, although at least one of those charges was later overturned.

He also saved a drowning man and his child last year, so he's not all bad news. As of yet there have been no official statements regarding his current UFC contract, although I imagine it will be terminated if he ends up getting convicted. Check back as I'm sure updates are coming.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

9. 07-30-2013, 02:15 AM

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ing-conviction
    UFC officially releases Reza Madadi following conviction

Thread Information