Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC's Browne credits awareness for surviving Overeem barrage, says stoppage just

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He is ABSOLUTELY the epitome of a front-runner IMO. As soon as something gets tougher than he thinks it should be, he finds a way to lose. All technique disappears and his chin comes straight up as he walks straight forward or just lays there waiting for GNP/Sub.
    Exactly.
    What's interesting is how common it is for a fighter without the mental durability to turn to PEDs to augment their physicality in an effort to cover. You can almost time the meltdown.

Travis Browne: I think when I started throwing that combo with the overhand left hook and uppercut to back him off, when he grabbed me, at that point it felt different. It felt like he grabbed me because he was scared of what I was gonna do. It wasn't like he was going to grab me because he was going to do something with me if that makes sense. He didn't grab me to take me down or to throw more knees. He grabbed me to stop me from what I was doing at the time. At that point, I knew that I had him on the ropes and now it was my turn to come back and put the pressure on him. I started throwing a few things, kept him guessing and then got the knockout.
    This is essentially going to be a blueprint for anyone who fights him in the future and makes it past those first 200 seconds. You're going to have heavyweights memorizing this, internalizing it, looking for those tells in AO's game.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

he did turtle but every time the ref said move he moved he took a bunch of shots to stand up he took what looked to be a knee to the face when we was down but he kepted trying he never broke

The guy is tough as nails. Kudos to him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Reading that last interview, it almost sounds like the fight was closer or more in his favor before the ko lol

5. Default

Not sure were I stand on just voiceing your alright in the turdle position. Yes he had his arms and hands blocking most just as a standing fighter does except he wasn't looking towards were they were coming from. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy seeing AO get KO'd, but he earned the loss Also wouldn't of been mad or shocked if the fight would of been stopped earlier.

I think the most likely matchups for Browne are either Big Nog or Miocic. I think Miocic is the likely course of action, unless they want to give him Big Nog to potentially build his name even more before being in a title eliminator.

I don't see Werdum wanting to take a non-title fight, and I can't really blame him too much.

There's a slight chance they match him up against either Bigfoot or Hunt, but they're both coming off of losses and the first Bigfoot fight wasn't that long ago.

Maybe he gets tabbed as an injury replacement for Barnett/Mir or Cormier/Nelson. I think Miocic is my pick for Browne's next fight though.

Thread Information