Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 26 winner Matt Brown: I can outwrestle Georges St-Pierre

Default UFC Fight Night 26 winner Matt Brown: I can outwrestle Georges St-Pierre

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...rges-st-pierre

"I know where my wrestling stands," Brown told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "It's simply a matter of executing those abilities in the ring with 'GSP.' I can outwrestle him. I'm calling it right now.

"It sounds f---ing ridiculous, and everybody is going to laugh at me, and I know the forums, everybody's going to talk about how I'm delusional and this and that. ... I know where I'm at."

Brown (18-11 MMA, 11-5 UFC) is ready to hear the critics, though they might be in short supply at the moment. At this past Saturday's UFC Fight Night 26, he knocked out Mike Pyle (25-9-1 MMA, 8-4 UFC) in 29 seconds to notch his sixth straight UFC win.

Afterward, Brown departed from earlier victory speeches by calling out St-Pierre, who's next scheduled to fight Hendricks at UFC 167 in November.

At the post-fight press conference for UFC Fight Night 26, which took place at Boston's TD Garden, "The Immortal" said he was in the fight business for one reason alone – "to beat GSP's ass."

Although he might be one or perhaps two fights away from a title shot, Brown is certain that he won't be like other fighters who favor striking and spend 25 minutes on their back with the welterweight champ.

"I don't think [St-Pierre has] ever fought anybody that can put the kind of pressure that I put on him, and I think I can stop his takedowns," Brown said. "His best chance is to get a takedown. People haven't seen my wrestling. I'm training with the best wrestlers in the world right now, and I'm getting pretty damn good at it."

By now, fans are used to hearing welterweights declare themselves different from the pack. Brown said if the fans don't believe him (and let's face it, they probably won't), they should ask his training partners at the Ohio State wrestling team and the Ohio Regional Training Center, which hosts Olympic hopefuls and World Team members.

"I haven't really been able to show it much lately, just because of the matchups," he said. "But I'm going to shock some people, man. My wrestling is coming up to a very high level."

Eh well given that a title match would be the biggest payday he will ever receive in his career. You can't blame him for talking it up. Obviously he isn't a better wrestler than gsp.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

Hell I hope he does shock some people, I tell you what. This guy brings a different vibe to the cage than most fighters. He's looking to fuck the other guy up, I'll never forget the TUF fight that put him on the map. "Matt Brown By Murder" should be a T-Shirt, although I don't think the UFC would ever sign off on it. But that describes his style perfectly, he wants to hurt people bad. How crazy would it be if Hendrix beats GSP and GSP can't fight the rematch right away? Brown vs Hendrix for the title? Bad Intentions doesn't begin to describe that unholy fight.....In the mean time I'd love to see him occupy his time against a top 5 WW before the end of the year....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Two words: Seth Baczynski.

Two more: Brian Foster.

I don't see much Carlos Condit can't do better then Matt Brown,so I think the fight would go the same,give or take a TKO or sub stoppage for GSP if he really dominates Brown(which he will)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I like Brown. I hope he keeps destroying people.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Definitely hope Matt can keep this going.
    Legalize MMA in New York

I would love Matt Brown to get his shot, but I think he still needs a win over a top5 guy to get it. Not that I would cry if he got it after Hendricks, since I do enjoy his fights. Ever since he joined the UFC his fights have been among the best if not the best on any event he has been at. He is not there to get a boring decision win by doing as less as possible without any risks, he fucking brings it and will do his best to destroy his opponent. Matt Brown by murder!
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    Definitely hope Matt can keep this going.
    For sure.

I used to root against Matt. He just seemed like a guy that I enjoyed to dislike but he has definitely won me over..I hope he gets another big win and a title shot mid 2014.

Yeah, I think that is just hyping a fight to get that shot. I don't see any way his wrestling is better than GSPs. With that being said, I love Matt's style and I think he would pressure the crap out of GSP...when he wasn't on his back. I would love to see that fight honestly.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Thread Information