+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC Fight Night 26 winner Matt Brown: I can outwrestle Georges St-Pierre

Well, at least it's a fight GSP would likely finish unless he jabbed him into blindness.

Matt Brown has been fun but he has seriously not beaten anyone inside the top 15 IMO. Doomsday, Swick, and Mein are arguably his best wins and they were barely sniffing the top 15-20 at the time.

I just don't see it.

Put him and Nick Diaz in there and watch Brown get picked to pieces then either volume TKO'ed or subbed in the third.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I don't believe he would come close to beating gsp by any stretch. I would just like to see him pick up a huge payday. He is a brawler. A nasty agreasive brawler. That quality alone is the only reason he might pick up a win over a top guy. I'm just hoping he can drum up enough interest in himself to get a shot if he can swarm and knock out a top fighter. That way I can see him get a big payday. He deserves it. The guy is a warrior.

I can't hate on a guy for being confident. Even though I don't think he can beat GSP, I'd love to see him give it a go.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Sure you can. Just pretend that is Michael Bisping talking.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

There's a line between being confident and saying insane crap.

GSP has effectively outwrestled some of the absolute top grapplers the MMA world has ever seen. Conversely, Brown has been subbed and dominated on the ground repeatedly.

I like his attitude, I just don't like the hype around a very limited fighter who's making a living kicking around cans like Mike Pyle and then saying he'd beat arguably the greatest WW of all time.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

6. Default

If it was just wrestling than there are a few great wrestlers that could beat GSP. The problem they all have try to stop the takedown and get jabed to death, defend that and end up on there back. So just saying your a better wrestler doesn't mean much with me.

Matt "Mother Fucking" Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Sure you can. Just pretend that is Michael Bisping talking.
    There is a difference between being confident and being a huge arrogant dick head.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information