Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC's Jon Jones wants to model future acting career on Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson

Really Jon? Really? You have the charisma of a dead cockroach and you want to model your acting career on somewhat bad actor who actually has the charisma to pull off action roles. No one in their right mind will pay to watch a movie starring Jon Jones.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

The Rock had such awesome, natural charisma, to go along with a massive, action movie hero look(keep in mind, since he left WWE full-time in 2002, he's had liposuction on his pecks, has dropped a good 30 pounds, if not more and is utterly shredded).

Jones is an amazing athlete, and good on him if he can make buckets of money without damaging his body, but he doesn't have a transcendent look or outstanding personality that would be able to really pop in the Hollywood state of mind. The Rock is an anomaly, massive wrestlers like Hogan, Austin and Piper have taken SERIOUS runs at Hollywood and just didn't have all the pieces in place to be a true A-lister and had to settle for mainly direct-to-video fare.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    The problem with Jones is that there is absolutely NOTHING endearing about him.

He's possibly the greatest TALENT I've ever seen with physical tools you couldn't draw up on create-a-player but he has the likability of athlete's foot. He seems snide, spoiled, egotistical, and simply childish.

I think the best thing Jones could do right now is to embrace the heel role and come out like an animal. He'd win over so many people it wouldn't be funny. Go for it, you're the baddest man in your sport in your weight class and no one has even come close to finishing you aside from Vitor's sub and you've faced an absolute murderer's row of former champions and prospects.
    I gotta agree with SJ.
    he has fallen into this pasteurized persona, but he's just such a dick it doesnt work.
    I am not sure when this whole "gotta be diplomatic" shit hit sports but it sucks. Im tired of hearing Jones talk about working hard. Im tired of Sid Crosby talk about being consistent. im tired of Drew Brees talk about being only 1 piece. You guys are THE BEST at what you do. I want Jones to come out and say im gonna whoop Goose's ass. I wanna hear Brees say we're the best offense in the league and were gonna prove it. I wanna hear Sid say we have a chance at the cup cause we have arguably the 2 best players on the planet!!!!!!
    Take a page from Jeremy Roenick or Patrick Roy or Roy Jones, or Dez Bryant! Enough!!!!!!!

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I think the best thing Jones could do right now is to embrace the heel role and come out like an animal.
    Best post.

Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

8. Default

screw all you guys and your busted ass opinions, the best wrestler turned actor was CLEARLY Rowdy Roddy Piper in "They Live!"

EDIT: Honourable mention to HHH for his Emmy worthy role in Blade Trinity.

No bullshit, They Live was a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    No bullshit, They Live was a great movie.
    YES!

I had the chance to talk to Piper about it a couple of years back at length, he's fucking amazing. Looking at Carpenter's career trajectory, body of work and the projects he's passed up and it is all very incredible. I own every Carpenter movie dating back to his semi-short, Dark Star, he's one of my favourite directors and has several gamechanger movies.

Thread Information