+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mike Pierce vs. Rousimar Palhares for UFC Fight Night 29

Default Mike Pierce vs. Rousimar Palhares for UFC Fight Night 29

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/20...dded-to-ufn-29

Mike Pierce looks to extend his winning streak to five when he faces dangerous grappler Rousimar Palhares at UFC Fight Night 29 on Oct. 9. Sources close to the situation confirmed the match-up to MMAFighting.com. Lance! first reported the bout.
    I think I'll take Pierce in this one.

Man, Pierce is a personal favorite but he doesn't get any easy fights. I hope he's training to save his legs. If he can avoid the early sub, I'm assuming Toquinho will have nothing in the gas tank by the 2nd. I'm crossing my fingers for a TKO by Pierce in the 3rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Palhares dropping to WW will definitely provide a few unknowns as to the complexion of this fight, when you couple the long layoff and the weightcut on such a powerful frame...I dunno.

Palhares is known to hang his chin out, the Dan Miller fight is a fine example. Pierce is a damn hoss and I anticipate he takes this by TKO unless Palhares dives for and catches a leg.

Great fight.

I got Pierce here, he is underrated and hits like a train and has mean wrestling and ground and pound.. Paul Harris always comes up short in fights against semi-top competition as it is, so I see Pierce grabbing a TKO because Paul Harris will pull that weird shit he always does and acts all out of it when he fights.. Lombard, Belcher and Marq he basically gave up and let himself be finished. Paul Harris is awesome but he won't catch Pierce's leg here.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I see Palhares adding another leg to his collection.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

6. Default

HORRIBLE match making here.

Pierce gets shit on again (from the UFC) and donkey kongs one of the most over rated fighters ever in the UFC, Paul Harris.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    I got Pierce here, he is underrated and hits like a train and has mean wrestling and ground and pound.. Paul Harris always comes up short in fights against semi-top competition as it is, so I see Pierce grabbing a TKO because Paul Harris will pull that weird shit he always does and acts all out of it when he fights...
    I'll go with this. Palhares is known for grabbing a leg and applying pressure regardless of tap or ref stoppage, not for an exciting style or putting on great fights. He's been exposed and Pierce will put the stamp on it.

It'll be interesting to see his ability for his debut at WW and "possibly" clean.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information