+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald planned for UFC 167

1. Default

1 thing for sure...

Lawler will throw heat
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Dana White introduces both Hendricks and Lawler to his Tonya Harding impression...

More seriously, sounds like an interesting fight. I'm still hesitant as I'm not sold on Lawler being a new man and Rory's last fight left me wanting. But I hope that I'm wrong and it's a barn burner. That is for those of you who live in places with barns to burn.
    On paper this does seem like an awesome fight, but I see MacDonald approaching this one as cautiously as he did Ellenberger. Lawler presents similar challenges to Jake in that he's a stocky dude with power in both hands, but he lacks the wrestling that Jake had.

If this stays on the feet, I think we might see a repeat of MacDonald's jab, front kick, front kick, jab strategy. I think he'd be smart to take this one down and try to wear Lawler down on the ground, before finishing it standing, or pounding him out for the TKO.

Neither sound particularly exciting, but are necessary if MacDonald doesn't want to run the risk of getting clipped by one of Lawler's bombs from hell.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Both guys are killers. One likes to destroy your universe with one swift motion and then shake your hand, the other likes to slowly pick you apart alive like a vulture and gets a charge out of inflicting pain.

Rory should by all means win the fight but Lawler could land dynamite from almost anywhere.

I wish it was Brown/Lawler, too.

It's a smart match-up. If Rory wants to play it safe and not take the fight to opponents, put him in there with somebody you know will bring the fight to him.

I hope this doesn't end up being Lawler/Kennedy II: Electric Boogaloo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I still hope someone knocks Rory's head off so GO Lawler.
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Give them Nothing but take from them Everything"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

From Bobby Voelker to Rory MacDonald.....that's a mighty step up in competition. Bad night for Robbie IMO.

I agree completely.

Rory will frustrate him with takedowns and stepping in and out of range.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I hope the "Ruthless" one jacks up Rory.
    Legalize MMA in New York

I would love to see rory Mac laid out myself, but he is going to smother fuck lawler for the first two rounds. After Robbie is exhausted I expect him to open up with G n P in the third.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information