Thread: MMAJunkie Mag names 25 most powerful people in MMA

Default MMAJunkie Mag names 25 most powerful people in MMA

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...people-in-MMA/

MMAjunkie.com today released its first-ever list of the 25 Most Powerful People in MMA, part of an in-depth, 71-page feature in a special print edition of MMAjunkie.com magazine, available at newsstands nationwide today.

The list, compiled by editor-in-chief Dann Stupp and the editorial staff of MMAjunkie.com – including John Morgan, Ben Fowlkes, Steven Marrocco, Matt Erickson, George Garcia and Brian Garcia – is topped by UFC co-owners Dana White and Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta, who detail the UFC's rise to become a billion-dollar global sports powerhouse as part of the report.

"A list of the 25 most powerful people in MMA would have been laughable 15 years ago," said Stupp. "Especially because, for years, the most powerful people were the ones looking to eradicate the sport. Today, though, it's the fastest-growing sport in the world, with lots of new entrepreneurs who have joined with the early pioneers and visionaries to help move the sport forward. We thought this was the right time to take a look at the men and women who are most responsible for making MMA what it is now, and shaping what its future looks like."

Below is a list of the top 10 men and women on MMAjunkie.com magazine's list of the 25 Most Powerful People in MMA:
    Dana White, Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta (UFC co-owners)
    Joe Silva, Sean Shelby (UFC matchmakers)
    Anderson Silva (former UFC middleweight champion)
    Eric Shanks, Randy Freer (Fox Sports Media Group co-presidents)
    Georges St-Pierre (UFC welterweight champion)
    Jon Jones (UFC light heavyweight champion)
    Bjorn Rebney (Bellator CEO)
    Marc Ratner (UFC VP of regulatory affairs and government relations)
    Kevin Kay, Jon Slusser (Spike TV executives)
    Ronda Rousey (UFC women's bantamweight champion)

I think Rebney should be just replaced with Viacom, and or Spike TV, the people really pulling the strings in Bellator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

No way Rousey should be in the top 10. I like WMMA but she's an investment, not driving real influence and money yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    No way Rousey should be in the top 10. I like WMMA but she's an investment, not driving real influence and money yet.
    But she is drawing attention to WMMA
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I am kind of surprised that Jones is ranked as high as he is. At first surprised by Rousey's ranking but then again when you look at the fact that she is everywhere in the media now a day's I could see it. I wish Jose Aldo and Bendo had more personalities so they could be in those spots as they definitely deserve some attention.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

My guess is that she's everywhere because the UFC and Fox are negotiating or flat out paying for it. I don't think she's proven value or a proven face amongst the general audience. Anyone have good information on her actual draw and star power?

Thread Information