Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anderson Silva: No rematch for Belfort

A crap title for a supercrap translation. Another interweb hack looking to misrepresent information to create melodrama and attention for an article based on an interview he can't even understand. THAT's where MMA journalism is today...and the UG isn't even as bad of a site as so many out there.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Got it. So Anderson gets his rematch, immediately no less, but Vitor can pound salt? Seems legit.
    To be fair, he said he didn't think so, and noted that they're all employees of the UFC. If dana or Joe Silva books the bout, he'd take it.

Anderson has been about risk/reward for the last 5 years. Given the chance to take the path of least resistance, he's going to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Actually, your argument discounts the potential for champions, even dominant ones, to be the beneficiary of a "fluke" victory which I would question.

While I don't consider the situations equal, I think it's abundantly clear that no one was clamoring for Vitor to get an immediate rematch. However, he has earned one and Silva has seen fit to posture himself against it everytime it's mentioned.
    You win the internets, my friend. That sums it up right there.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Has Vitor done what Anderson has done?

The only way I see Vitor vs Silva happening again is if Silva beats Weidman and they don't instantly do a trilogy because Weidman gets injured in the fight or in training camp.

Still holding out hope for Jacare/Belfort one of these days.

Thread Information