+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebney: Rumors of possible replacement by Scott Coker 'not true'

Default Rebney: Rumors of possible replacement by Scott Coker 'not true'

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...oker-not-true/

On the rumor floated by MiddleEasy that he might be replaced by Scott Coker next year:

“I have never even seen that site. That’s not true."

On UFC vs. Bellator fighters:

“The UFC has been around for a long time so there is an entrenched belief that the best fighters are in UFC. They are not. Many of the best fighters are fighting in Bellator. I think Michael Chandler is the best lightweight on Earth and he beats every other lightweight in the world. If you had every 145-pounder in the world fight, Pat Curran and Jose Aldo would be the last two standing. This is a marathon, not a sprint. It will just take time, but we will get there.”

On the compensation packages Viacom affords Bellator, vs. those available from the UFC:

“The differences are almost all across the board, positive. Marketing. production, public relations. It is an enormous powerful machine with incredible reach. What we do through a social media perspective is through the roof. If you race NASCAR, the better machine you have, the faster you are going to go, and Viacom gives us that faster machine.”

He use to say Eddie was the best LW in the world...

Watching Bellator, then watching the UFC,you can see the difference in caliber of fighter,I think some Bellator guys could do well in the UFC but not the majority, seeing as some of their best fighters are UFC cast-offs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    He use to say Eddie was the best LW in the world...

Watching Bellator, then watching the UFC,you can see the difference in caliber of fighter,I think some Bellator guys could do well in the UFC but not the majority, seeing as some of their best fighters are UFC cast-offs.
    Good point man. Rebney is a promoter so of course he's going to big up his guys, but anybody who thinks that anything other than a handfull of high-level fighters are fighting in Bellator is deluded.

Chandler and Alvarez could for sure hang in the UFC's 155 division, but we've got to remember that division is so stacked it's crazy, and aside from the guys at the top of the tree, a number of mid-level UFC fighters could pose some real problems for those guys. TJ Grant, Maynard (his wrestling alone poses a lot of challenges, Cerrone, Miller, all these guys would most likely be underdogs going into any fight with Alvarez/Chandler (although this is debatable), but could make life extremely difficult for either of them.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself, as there's no sign of either guy making the leap (or a leap being legally possible) any time soon...

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information