Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellator ready to deal Ben Askren

So they'll speed up the process for Ben Askren but they'll drag it out for Eddie? Okay then, Bellator.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Sounds like the same model tna has been operating under. Trample home grown talent for the sake of washed up stars with name value.

I bet it's the same empty suite from Viacom that calls the shots for both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I bet it's the same empty suite from Viacom that calls the shots for both.
    My thought exactly.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

This is a dumb move. It is going to really hurt the Bellator WW division because no matter who wins the next tourny has the belt it is going to be "Yeah you are Champion but only because Askren left." Pretty much throw that title in the trash, it means nothing now.

The UFC should sign Askren and have him fight Matt Brown. Guy talks about how he should get a title shot and can out wrestle GSP, well see how well you do with Askren first.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Askren would sub Brown in the 4th
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

6. Default

Im wondering if they started talks with him, and didnt like the money he was asking for. I almost read this as "if the ufc wants to pay him, he's welcome to go there."

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Askren would sub Brown in the 4th
    I wouldn't be all that shocked.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Good. I hope they hold true and let him go to the UFC. If they don't want him then there is no reason to hold him in limbo like Eddie. Also if he goes in there and makes good then they can say, "look at what our champ at 170 did." "Can you imagine what our 155er would do?" "or 145er?"

9. Default

Cat I got to agree with Fed that there hoping the UFC throws a lowball figure. Askren for how good he is he has a limited drawing factor. They nailed Eddie with go ahead and feel out the compition the same could happen with Askren as they should still have the right to match. We also have to remember Belator is managed by TV money and the UFC does it by themselves.

It's kinda a brilliant move. Bellator has a lot of MMA nubes as fans who just hate Ben Askren. Whoever becomes champion is bound to be more exciting and Bellator will promote them as as top welterweight. While Ben either finds success in the UFC or falls flat like Lombard. But even if he does find success and wins decision after decision, just think about how long it took for Fitch to get his shot and after he loss he never got another shot, despite having a better streak than contenders after him. Askren would only get one shot at the title. Part of me would love to see him ruin guys in the UFC just to spite Dana, and part of me would love to see Lombard knock his ass out in his WW debut.....oh the dilemma .....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information