Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machida vs Kennedy for UFC Fight for the Troops 3

Default Machida vs Kennedy for UFC Fight for the Troops 3

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/21...d-for-november

A middleweight bout between Lyoto Machida and Tim Kennedy has been booked for the UFC's next Fight for the Troops card.

UFC President Dana White announced the news on Wednesday night's edition of FOX Sports Live.

I know that Machida will be the popular pick, but he was heavily favored against Phil Davis and that turned out to be a competitive fight. Dragon better show me something at 185 lbs.

Default Lyoto Machida Drops to 185, Meets Tim Kennedy at UFC Fight for the Troops 3

Lyoto Machida Drops to 185, Meets Tim Kennedy at UFC Fight for the Troops 3

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida will make a long-discussed drop to middleweight, and his first test will be a military hero – on a military base.

Machida (19-4 MMA, 11-4 UFC) will meet Tim Kennedy (16-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at the UFC's third "Fight for the Troops" show, expected to be UFC Fight Night 31. The show will take place Nov. 6 at Fort Campbell, a U.S. Army installation in Kentucky. The main card is expected to air on FOX Sports 1.

UFC President Dana White announced the fight late Wednesday on "FOX Sports Live."

Machida is coming off a controversial split-decision loss to Phil Davis at UFC 163 earlier this month. The loss dropped him to 3-3 since losing his 205-pound title to Mauricio Rua at UFC 113 more than three years ago. After losing the belt, Machida lost to Quinton Jackson, then beat Randy Couture to get another shot at the title – but was submitted by champ Jon Jones at UFC 140.

Kennedy, a Bronze Star medal winner while in the Army, made his UFC debut in July at UFC 162 and won a unanimous decision against Roger Gracie. Before coming to the UFC in the merger with Strikeforce, he was 3-1 in that organization before losing a title fight against Luke Rockhold. He finished his tenure there with a 4-2 record.

The UFC most recently did a troops show in January 2011 at Fort Hood, Texas. In December 2008, the first "Fight for the Troops" show took place in Fayetteville, N.C.

I want Kennedy to win but I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

and dana said diaz vs machida was a bad idea...

Always been a big fan of Machida and his style and never really liked Kennedy.

Well...that was my 2 cents...
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

Too bad Brain Stann retired, this would have been a great retirement fight for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Too bad Brain Stann retired, this would have been a great retirement fight for him.
    Machida would have retired him alright.

B-O-O.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Machida would have retired him alright.
    Well duh. He's gonna beat Kennedy as well.

But still, one last fight for Stann in front of his brothers and sisters? Would have been great.

Or hell Stann vs Kennedy would have been awesome for this event. Army vs Marines.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information