Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weidman: P*ssed off Silva will be easier to beat

Weidman Bandwagon FTW!
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

I will make any sort of bet that Weidman is going to keep that MW championship around his waist after he beats Silva again.

Anyone? Name, sig, av?

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    If I was Chris,I would be more worried about how the fight as going before he got the stoppage.
    Chris dominated the entire fight. That's how it was going so I'm not so sure what you think he should be worried about.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Quote Originally Posted by rahdizzle View Post
    Generally speaking....
    A pissed off opponent is easier to beat.

I don't think this is a blanket statement though (it's more for the lower ranks than the UFC guys). It all depends on the particular fighter. I used to think this as well until I started training in MMA. I have seen quite a few guys in our gym really take it to the next level if they are pissed. Being pissed can be an asset if you don't allow the emotions to takeover in the ring. Being pissed in the weeks of training leading up to the fight can make guys push twice as hard, train twice as hard, become much more focused, etc...which results in a much more difficult fighter to beat come fight night.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

I don't think he'll be pissed... I do think he'll be very motivated, refocused, and will have likely learned from his mistakes. This will not be an easy fight for chris... Is it winnable for him? Sure, but I sincerely doubt it will be an easier fight.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    Chris dominated the entire fight. That's how it was going so I'm not so sure what you think he should be worried about.
    Either sarcasm or you and I have vastly different definitions of domination....
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    They look like regular sports fans to me. How are you superior?
    Thats all it is. Everyone are just fans of the sport with an opinion none more valuable than the others. Just like its Weidman's opinion that Silva will be pissed off and somehow fight him unintelligently.

Silva already said he's not changing his fighting style so it looks like he will be fighting with his hands down again.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    Watch the fight before you comment about it, obviously you just read the ending and assume what happened before.

Anderson isn't going to come in angry or pissed off. He will come in calm and relaxed, and finish this fight in the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Thats all it is. Everyone are just fans of the sport with an opinion none more valuable than the others. Just like its Weidman's opinion that Silva will be pissed off and somehow fight him unintelligently.

Silva already said he's not changing his fighting style so it looks like he will be fighting with his hands down again.
    But hopefully a few inches farther away this time. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Considering he only made a small technical mistake, that's what he should do. I agree we will see the same Silva, with maybe a little less of a theatrical performance
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Thread Information